Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have full bolt ons except for the TB and plenum which I got in today.. I have a tune for full bolt ons.. I know it isnt FI but the 65mm tb must still be holding it back.. Will I feel a power gain from the TB and plenum tomorrow? Will the cars mods be noticable now that it isnt held back by the 65mm TB?

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
sadly, you'll proably only see about 6 rwhp w/o heads/cams...

so no, you won't really feel it.... if anything the car will have a little more power up top

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats ok because what I have planned for this car is gonna be wicked.. I am gonna keep the NPI heads but use PI cams and PI intake.. This way I can run more boost on the turbo kit I am saving for due to the lower compresstion.. I am gonna have my heads ported though..

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Thats ok because what I have planned for this car is gonna be wicked.. I am gonna keep the NPI heads but use PI cams and PI intake.. This way I can run more boost on the turbo kit I am saving for due to the lower compresstion.. I am gonna have my heads ported though..
+1 That's what I wanna do!

Well one day, I'm too broke to even get started with an intake kit :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Deffinately a new feel.. I guess the tb and plenum being the last peice of the bolt on puzzle was holding the other mods back.. It breaks loose more in 3rd now and has more mid range and top end pull..

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the choking point is the plenum, the stock plenum's short turn isnt very good. the stock 65mm t/b is not a choking point and people jump on a larger one too quick. hell, i ran a ported stocker till i had everything else done on my car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
some off brand that I only paid 109$ for.. I think it is a accufab knock off..

·
Registered
462 Posts
The issue with off brand TB's is the way they meter the air. "Some" but not all, have a hard time metering the air with the tps and you get some screwy idle issues.

I bought my 75mm Mac w/ the C&L plenum for 150 and they worked flawlessly

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
so why not have pi heads ported and go ahead and get 17cc dished pistons while ur in there. if you boosting anyways its a safe thing to do. and only about 1200 which is nothing compared to what the turbo system + supporting fuel system costs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.