Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at some interior trim pieces. My question is that I really like the satin aluminum look, but I have the chrome bezels around the vent pods and dash cluster. Do you think it will look bad if I accent the interior with the anodized aluminum, or should I stick with the chrome theme? My center console and sail panels are going to be Satin Silver soon with everything else remaining black. I was thinking also that I might be able to do some light sanding of the chrome trim to dull it up a little bit. Has anyone ever done this. Pics of interiors would be very helpful.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I would suggest taking the trim pieces off and painting them to match rather than trying to " dull " the chrome. The chrome will not dull, it will just scratch. If your want the pieces to be satin silver to match, then take them out and paint them to match.

Do it right the first time and you will not be sorry you went cheap when you look at it everyday.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i don't want to paint them Satin Silver. I don't mind the chrome I'm just wondering if it is going to look funny with the chrome trim pieces and anodized aluminum knobs, shifter bezel, etc. Or if I should just go chrome with the pieces I'm going to buy.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I went with chrome pieces. I really like the way they look and think it looks great complimenting the vent rings. I have the IUP dash and the other factory satin stuff but still think the chrome looks right at home. I don't have any pics but I'll try to get one when I go out tonight.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have some chrome MGW pieces but I kinda wish I went with satin. The chrome looks good but its a pain to keep clean and maintain. I don't think satin would look silly, especially if you only have chrome bezels.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I'd go with the satin finish. Chrome just looks way too gaudy especially on interior stuff. I mean I can handle chrome wheels and chrome vents but not a ton of add on interior accessories.

you can buy the gt500 vent's.. black with satin.. its like 30$ per vent though lol..
Than you'd need the gauge cluster as well for it to not look retarded.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it's going to be satin. I was just looking and at least it would match my steering wheel. I was looking at it real hard today as I was putting in my shifter and decided chrome in all the places that I want to accesorize would be way to much. And agreed, it is going to be a pain to keep it looking good all of the time.
Silver Horse Racing will get my order on Monday.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would suggest taking the trim pieces off and painting them to match rather than trying to " dull " the chrome. The chrome will not dull, it will just scratch. If your want the pieces to be satin silver to match, then take them out and paint them to match.

Do it right the first time and you will not be sorry you went cheap when you look at it everyday.
NOT TRUE!!! Someone did a write up on this very thing and they turned out great. They will only scratch if you use like 200 grit and leave it at that... But as long as you get it with a high grit it will be fine. How do you think you are able to sand scratches out of plastic...

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I hate to drag this up but maybe I should have gone with the triple plated chrome instead of the satin finish.. After painting my console to match my car I don't think there's enough contrast between the billet pieces and the console. Let me know what you think before I actually mount them. Just dry fitting them in the pics. Don't want to mount them if I'm going to trade them in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts