Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sarah (my mustang) has come down with a bad case of cancer. It appears the previous owner had some front end damage, then he took it to a cheap paint job place. Because it looks like they didnt sand the primer at all (its actually rough down there) so now the paint on my hood and front bumper is just flying off. anytime i wash it, or drive down the interstate paint pulls off.

So with my income return im either going to supercharge it and say screw what it looks like. or im going to paint it. i've pondered the idea of a two tone, true blue and dark silver. but i remember a while back i saw a satin black mustang on here. Im thinking that would make my car extremely sinister and pretty un common.

anyone know where the link is to that post? also do you think it would be a good idea to do it that color or go to a 2 tone?

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
two tone FTMFW!!! DO NOT DITCH TRUE BLUE! lol satin black and TB would be a new combo that I've never seen....

·
Registered
978 Posts
i say stay with the single color. i feel ya on the paint job though, nothing worse than looking at your baby and seeing something as bad as the paint just coming off daily!! get you a good paint job and keep saving for that blower!! im in the process of repainting mine completely (with new added parts of course).

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
If I were you i would do a two tone with the true blue and dark silver, that would look pretty tits. It's kinda a no-no to two tone using one satin paint and one gloss, looks kinda silly.

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
two tone FTMFW!!! DO NOT DITCH TRUE BLUE! lol satin black and TB would be a new combo that I've never seen....
That would sick as hell actually. satin black up top with TB down low... or vise versa.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
SB up top and TB down below broken at the fender/door line would be sick!!! see if you can get someone to photo-chop it! :D

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I'm telling you, I've seen the satin/gloss two tone and it looks goofy. I'm pretty open minded, but not on this one. If you could get a satin true blue somehow, that would look good!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I'm telling you, I've seen the satin/gloss two tone and it looks goofy. I'm pretty open minded, but not on this one. If you could get a satin true blue somehow, that would look good!
Thought about doing my car in satin red with a satin black on the hood and having my wheels painted satin gray. Was going to go with these paints, but I just took a huge pay cut for this year so thats out for now.

Hot Rod Flatz

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
satin tb? anyone ever heard of that? cause that would be pretty gnarly haha

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
satin tb? anyone ever heard of that? cause that would be pretty gnarly haha
I'm almost positive you'd have to have a body shop custom mix something like that. Mega reps if someone finds something though!

EDIT: I take this back, you might not be able to find a satin TB, but what if you sprayed a satin clear over a regular TB paint job? I'm not that experienced with painting anything but standard colors, but would that work? I've been google-imaging some stuff on satin clears and everything I've seen looks great.

Thought about doing my car in satin red with a satin black on the hood and having my wheels painted satin gray. Was going to go with these paints, but I just took a huge pay cut for this year so thats out for now.

Hot Rod Flatz
Satin red/satin black would be a sweet combo. I'd prolly go satin black on the wheels too though

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
satin TB would be a force to be reckoned with! haha

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I talked to my buddy about repainting my car. He is a painter of 16 years now. We talked about satin paints. I really want to do it. He said that can he satin any color you want. It is the clear coat on top. So if he adds a satin clear, you have satin (insert base color here).

Reactions: dcook_14

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
^ that would make sense

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
EDIT: I take this back, you might not be able to find a satin TB, but what if you sprayed a satin clear over a regular TB paint job? I'm not that experienced with painting anything but standard colors, but would that work? I've been google-imaging some stuff on satin clears and everything I've seen looks great.
I talked to my buddy about repainting my car. He is a painter of 16 years now. We talked about satin paints. I really want to do it. He said that can he satin any color you want. It is the clear coat on top. So if he adds a satin clear, you have satin (insert base color here).
So yeah, basically exactly what I wanted to know!

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
exactly!

Satin true blue bottom, with satin silver top and a satin black pinstripe seperating them. Throw on some satin black wheels. SEXY SEXY SEXY!!!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Dolbs, dude tb is awesome no doubt. Love the color. But if you did a matte black, and murdered everything out, that'd be so hot. DO IT

How many cars do you see flat black. Looks all stealth commanche style n ****.

:drool

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I want that GT to have my cars babies.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts