Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well iv been saving up while in college to buy a mustang. My first car was a 2000 V6 mustang sold that to fund the next car well iv been saving and have $10,000 saved and just curious what good deals people have gotten around that price range.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
thats 99/01 cobra price range alil more you can find mach 1's all day

i bought mine 5 yrs ago for 13k woth 20k miles on it

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been looking everyday to find the one but wanting low miles kills it.

And for buying your car if you were closer id want to look at it but Texas is a little to far lol

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
i bought mine for 8k last april with 94 or 96k miles on it.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
My advice: If you're still in college, continue to save for a Terminator and give it to yourself as a college graduation gift...or as a down payment on a new Mustang.

·
2003 Azura Sold
66 Posts
fellow college kid, spent my last dime on my stang, worth every penny. Financial aidshould be coming in this month? ;)

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yea I would look for a Mach 1 or keep saving for a termi.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help guys im going to save till spring and see whats for sell, maybe spend some time with the gf and off craigslist ...or not. I was only looking at gt's till you guys said about cobras or mach1. Im a kid in a candy shop

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
fellow college kid, spent my last dime on my stang, worth every penny. Financial aidshould be coming in this month? ;)
Wow! You cannot support yourself yet you have the money for your car.

I have absolutely no idea how to respond to this.

Edit: You are worried about your car... such a petty thing. I teach at a local university. I know people who have lost their jobs and gone back to school,,, not because they wanted a degree but because they wanted the money.

Think about this. 50 years old, trying to feed their kids. And, going into debt that even bankruptcy cannot forgive. I see these people every day.

To tell you the truth, you car isn't very important.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I understand where you are coming from it sucks to see people losing there job. How i look at people spending money on there car is like someone who is into an expensive hobby skiing, golfing.. they spend way to much but it makes them happy. Im going to college hoping for a good job. I will never own a mansion, go golfing, but I will spend money on a car cause its what I enjoy doing. Pretty sucky that almost every job now a days needs a degree.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
10k range you can pick up a really nice Stang. I bought the Silver GT in my Sig 3 years ago and I paid $7,500 for it with 70k miles, 1 owner, no accidents. Now I can say that the prices are even better now and you can get these cars for dirt cheap. Just be patient while you look.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
You can find some well modded GTs in the 10k range.

Personally, I would just keep saving until you can find afford a Mach 1 since you're already pretty close. Much better platform to work on and will always be worth more than a modded GT.

·
Pimp
664 Posts
Traded a 2007 Gsxr 600 for mine, paid 3k for it and spent 600 in parts and paint. Car had a cracked intake manifold kid had no idea how to fix it or what the problem was. Car had 90k miles.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Wow! You cannot support yourself yet you have the money for your car.

I have absolutely no idea how to respond to this.

Edit: You are worried about your car... such a petty thing. I teach at a local university. I know people who have lost their jobs and gone back to school,,, not because they wanted a degree but because they wanted the money.

Think about this. 50 years old, trying to feed their kids. And, going into debt that even bankruptcy cannot forgive. I see these people every day.

To tell you the truth, you car isn't very important.
Wow I missed in his original post where he asked for a lecture, professor. Who are you to judge how and where he spends the money he saved? You came across as a pompous ass which you normally are not. So i suggest taking out your frustrations on whom they should be directed at , not some college kid asking for advice on how to spend the money he worked hard for and earned.

·
StangGang
193 Posts
I sold mine to a guy for 5500 and bought it back for 1500 RUNNING PERFECT...just did a little body work because he got bumped in the back...Now I will never sell it:bubba:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts