Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we are all such avid FORD lovers on this FORD site, I figured I'd show the dominance of Ford powered cars, over the Chevy cars in actual racing classes.

Fastest LSx car is X275

And then there is the car that DOMINATED X275 with 11 wins. Oh yeah.....it's powered by a SBF (that would be small block ford, for those who are unaware).

Hell, even a modular powered ford went faster than the fastest LSx car....lolz

Triangle Speed Shop Sets New Personal Best ! :proformance Racing Transmissions

So, no bench racing needed from wannabes. We can see how Ford has dominated the racing scene in the closest thing to an all out street car class. There are at least 3 other SBF powered cars running faster than Smith. So when you hear all the talk about the all so mighty LS motors, just know that Ford is working that ass on the dragstrip with the SBF AND mod motors.

Ford powa, bitches!

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Why do you hate LSx so much? Not nut huggging either company but it seems like it takes a bit of effort to actively hate on another motor. I enjoy a nice modular motor as well as I do an LSx. Shouldn't we all be against the tuners?

·
Registered
481 Posts
A friend of mine bracket races with me in a 1971 Pontiac Firebird. Runs 6.7x on motor and 6.2x on spray in the 1/8th.

It's powered by a big block Ford.

You oughta see the GM boys cry when they walk up to it and realize what it is 8-]

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I really don't care about how much power they can make, I care that they're a commonly-available all-aluminum, pushrod V8. If I want an aluminum SBF, it's something like $5k just for a bare block. Sure, I can get an aluminum mod motor cheap enough, but then I've got the size and weight of OHC heads, and that weight is all up high.

·