Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if anyone has an idea why my supercharger blows off at around 5,600-5,700 rpms. it makes about 9- 10 lbs of boost but as soon as i get to 56- 57 rpms i get that feel like your bouncing off the rev limiter.i feel it only happens in second gear. I dont know whats going on but maybe someone knows something that will help. Its an 05 with a paxton kit 2200. thanks

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
What happens to the boost? Does it stay at 10 psi. of fall off? What is the rev limiter set at? Might be a tune issue or spark plugs are done

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was drivin the car today and i pulled 3rd all the way to 6grand and nothing waent wrong i feel like it only happens in 2nd gear. why would it only happen in 2nd

·
Registered
488 Posts
It may be spark blow out. What plugs are you running and what do you have them gapped at?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I know this may sound crazy but is your Traction Controll on????????

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
the spark plugs are pre gapped and a colder plug i think it maybe the by pass valve
Could be the bypass valve but more than none if he didn't gap the plugs down to atleast .032" to .035" then he is blowing the spark out. I had to gap mine down to .025" before I stopped the spark blow out on 9 psi.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill check on the trac cont but im pretty sure i shut it off but ill make sure cant check today all wet out . I have to figure it out bc it just does not make sense the car run great other than this. thanks

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Ill check on the trac cont but im pretty sure i shut it off but ill make sure cant check today all wet out . I have to figure it out bc it just does not make sense the car run great other than this. thanks
RX, I just wanted to make sure you understood that just because plugs are sent pregapped, doesn't mean they won't have blow out. As 05 mentioned earlier, he had to take his down to .025, Grabber had blow out issues as well, he was under the assumption that pre gapped was sufficient. He chased gremlins for a week until I pointed him in the direction of gapping down. He's been fine ever since.. I'm not posting this just for you, but for others whom may use this thread for info..

Now, your talking two different types of things here, let's eliminate some of the potentials. You have to do them while test driving. First you need to go for a ride and see if it is infact the bypass valve blowing off. This is a simple check by watching the boost gauge. If it drops off your valve is releasing. If it is staying at your boost level when this loss in power occurs, then you need to begin looking at spark issues, coil failures, and then tune. If the car was fine previous, the tune should be okay and I'd leave that for last and focus on a physical condition..

·
Registered
488 Posts
Also you should always check the gap on plugs yourself do not rely on someone else having them gapped correctly at the factory and also they can get changed during transit.

We have to start with the simple stuff.

You Blow off valve may not have the tensions et correctly if it is that type of valve.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks and im going to check today and see what going on it just crazy that it only happens in 2nd gear. thanks for all your help

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
:funnah yeah I noticed that all my dyno pulls the car fell flat on its face around 5500 rpm and when I gapped the plugs it felt like the car picked another 30 hp up top.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts