Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard anything about these kits? I am rebuilding my engine and am just testing the water on possibly buying a stroker to rebuild it with. I have the trick flow track heat top end kit with all the supporting mods. I'd like to be able to run at least a 100 shot of nitrous on top of it, and possibly turbo down the road. Just wondering if this would be a dumb buy or not, with the price and all I can't tell but you never know.
Scat Street/Strip SBF 347 Rotating Assembly [1-94165-1] : AD Performance, Your Source for Longblock Performance Parts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:bump

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Scat makes good stuff. Most every bottom end you get is made in china and scat is no exception, but from what I've seen, they're the best ones to get, short of any big dollar parts made in the US.

If you plan on putting this in a stock block, it's not going to be a great idea putting nitrous or a turbo on too. Stroker in a stock block + power adder = recipe for disaster. If you do it right, you can make it live, but your margin for error is very small at that point. And even then, it's luck of the draw on the strength of the block itself.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scat makes good stuff. Most every bottom end you get is made in china and scat is no exception, but from what I've seen, they're the best ones to get, short of any big dollar parts made in the US.

If you plan on putting this in a stock block, it's not going to be a great idea putting nitrous or a turbo on too. Stroker in a stock block + power adder = recipe for disaster. If you do it right, you can make it live, but your margin for error is very small at that point. And even then, it's luck of the draw on the strength of the block itself.
Yeah that was going to be my next question haha. I was just wondering if this rotating assembly would be the weakest link. But I have noticed a lot of people use scat bottom ends. Would I be better off just staying as a 302 and running nitrous with the top end I have? If so by this fall hopefully i could be running a turbo kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts