Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a schrader valve on a V6 3.8L 2000 Ford Mustang? It should be attached to the fuel rail, but I don't see it anywhere. I've been having car problems and I need to determine whether the engine is getting fuel or not. I think I may have a bad fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter.

If you could provide a picture that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
if you havent changed the fuel filter out, and i think you said it has 125k miles on it, then that needs to be done anyway. its not a difficult job and you can do it in an afternoon.

to really see if its clogged, you should be able to blow through it fairly easily. if you cant then it is clogged.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Is there a schrader valve on a V6 3.8L 2000 Ford Mustang? It should be attached to the fuel rail, but I don't see it anywhere. I've been having car problems and I need to determine whether the engine is getting fuel or not. I think I may have a bad fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter.

If you could provide a picture that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
It's on the fuel rail near the alternator. It should have a threaded plastic cap on it.

To change the fuel filter you need a line disconnect tool. It would also be a good idea to release fuel pressure at the schrader valve.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Are there any special tools or considerations to be had before I change it out?
as stephen said yes there is a fuel line tool, its a little plastic disconnect tool, you can buy them from any auto parts store, hell you might even be able to just rent em.
just get an new filter and then if you want to, get rid of of the pressure by using the shrader valve on the front driver side of the fuel line. if you cant find it, its not that serious. you will just have a little fuel come out when you take the filter out.

special word of advice, wear safety glasses. gas in your eye is not fun.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for all your help, but I think the mustang is toast. I found the schrader valve and discovered that I had ample fuel going to the engine. So I tried to start it up one more time. I turned the key and it turned and labored for a about a second and then nothing. The engine doesn't even want to spin anymore. It's completely seized up. I'll never know what happened or what was wrong with it, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Thanks again you guys for helping me out. I really appreciate it.

RIP Green 2000 Mustang

1 - 6 of 6 Posts