Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 1 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Is there a schrader valve on a V6 3.8L 2000 Ford Mustang? It should be attached to the fuel rail, but I don't see it anywhere. I've been having car problems and I need to determine whether the engine is getting fuel or not. I think I may have a bad fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter.

If you could provide a picture that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
It's on the fuel rail near the alternator. It should have a threaded plastic cap on it.

To change the fuel filter you need a line disconnect tool. It would also be a good idea to release fuel pressure at the schrader valve.
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.