Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it turns out the scraping noise ive been hearing under accelleration or with passenger in car ,has been caused by my E-brake cable rubbing on my driveshaft
Anybody else have this problem??
Cant really move it so i bent the support closer to body and it seems to work so far
Cant tell you how annoying it was
Silence a last aahhhhh

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
I had this problem on my 87. The shop I had install the cable, put in a cable from an SN95 and it was thicker and scraped when I would hit bumps or accelerate. I sold it with that problem though... I remember I loosened it up and tried to pull the cable one way to get it out of the way. It helped a little bit

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
had this problem. Got a new cable that wasn't all stretched out and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you thank you thank you for this thread. I couldn't figure out what the problem was on my 94 mustang. I thought it was the drive shaft scraping the under body. So I assumed it was the rear coil springs. After changing them i was disappointed to find that the noise was still there. Now after you mentioned the brake cable. I remember now when working on my 94 mustang and when i applied the emergency brake. The drivers rear tire would still move and the passenger rear wouldn't move at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts