Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting my hood on and it slipped and scraped the paint on the dr fender. I think it's only the clear coat but it's a very wide scratch. How hard would this be to make less noticeable?

Attachments

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
I was putting my hood on and it slipped and scraped the paint on the dr fender. I think it's only the clear coat but it's a very wide scratch. How hard would this be to make less noticeable?
Can you feel it? Generally, if you can feel the scratch you won't be able to get it removed completely without wet sanding.

Do you have a buffer/dual action? It might take a pretty heavy cutting compound/pads to remove it, or lighten it, you may need to do several steps.

Hard to tell without seeing it in person.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can feel it. Damn, I'd have to do more than just the scratched area then huh?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Wasn't sure if i'd have to, in a sense and blend the surrounding area

·
Registered
282 Posts
I can feel it. Damn, I'd have to do more than just the scratched area then huh?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Wasn't sure if i'd have to, in a sense and blend the surrounding area
Doesn't look too deep. Watch this video on removing it:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
that looks more like a transfer. it doesnt seem to have scratch in much just left a big mark. I feel like you hit it with a good cutting compound and a good cutting pad then a good polish and good polishing pad it should almost blend that away

·
Registered
201 Posts
that looks more like a transfer. it doesnt seem to have scratch in much just left a big mark. I feel like you hit it with a good cutting compound and a good cutting pad then a good polish and good polishing pad it should almost blend that away
I agree with this. Certainly should be the first step to attempt to correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts