Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just transferred some $ from my line of credit into checking and im gonna have some 275/40/17 nitto 555r's ordered today. ill let yall know how they feel after i get em put on. hopefully theyll take some of the wheel hop away.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will it be worth my money buying these things. will they really reduce wheel hop?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
yes, its worth the $$ to get the 315's, and yes they will reduce wheel hop. put them on run them at 25PSI, and call it a day. for long road trips you might want to run them up to about 30PSI might get a few more miles out of them.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im getting the 275's. do u think they will reduce wheel hop enough to make it worth my money?

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
the 275's, and 315's both run small, order the 315/35/17, they will jsut slightly buldge.

i noticed that. i have two sets of spare rims. 1 with BFG 274/40 on them and the other with nitto 275/40 and the BFGs definately have a bigger footprint to them. wierd

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just called one of the local race shops and i talked to one of the shop techs and he couldnt tell me if dr's help with wheel hop. that was kinda surprising.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
it definitly helped my wheel hop ...has not happend since i put em on...i have 275 bgs

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats awesome man. i just hope they'll do the same for IRS hop.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
im getting the 275's. do u think they will reduce wheel hop enough to make it worth my money?
im telling you dude, get the 315's, with the little skimp 275's you might as well stick with a street tire, the 275's are too narrow for the stock 17X9, it will look funny, and not perform well. i know what im talking about when i say get the 315's.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I HATE YOU!! lol jk but I want those tires. Sorry we could not hang out this weekend man, going in at 4am and coming out at 8pm does not leave for a lot of hang out time. Hopefully we have a chance soon, I will let you know will.

·
Banned
848 Posts
I HATE YOU!! lol jk but I want those tires. Sorry we could not hang out this weekend man, going in at 4am and coming out at 8pm does not leave for a lot of hang out time. Hopefully we have a chance soon, I will let you know will.
Thats a horrible shift:eek: . I'm aware that this is O.T. So what is it that you do if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh ****, sorry man. i forgot to call u. i never did go out to bakersfield cuz i got back together with one of my x's. but maybe her and i can come out there one weekend.......if were still together after last night.

i would say u could come out here if u wanted to get out of town but two weekends ago we were on our way to our usual racing spot oiut in the desert and someone called and said dont come cuz there were six CHP patrol cars just sitting out there so i doubt there willl be anymore racing out here. but theres a long ass straight and smooth road out west of the little town i live in that doesnt have any houses on it and im gonna try to convince everybody to start going out there.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats a horrible shift:eek: . I'm aware that this is O.T. So what is it that you do if you dont mind me asking?
duh!!!!! u know only a PIMP has to work krazy ass houirs like that:cool:

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im telling you dude, get the 315's, with the little skimp 275's you might as well stick with a street tire, the 275's are too narrow for the stock 17X9, it will look funny, and not perform well. i know what im talking about when i say get the 315's.
hows it gonna look funny?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
hows it gonna look funny?
the rims are going to be wider than the tire... its going to look funny. ive seen 275 nitto DR's mounted on 9" rims, way too narrow.

·
Banned
848 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts