Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So found a guy selling an unlocked programmer on craigslist got excited so I went to program my car at the gas stationm went to start it and just cranks no start and theft light flashing. Set it back to stock no luck desconnected battery no luck and left the key forward for a while the light goes away but than comes back on as soon as I crank it what should I do

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
send it back to sct, most likely it wasn't unlocked. also, they are computer specific, if it came off a different year or with a different computer code/# it may do what you're having problems with. why i would always buy a tuner new personally.

call the guy, maybe he forgot to flash his car back to stock.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
The SCT tuners are programmed to specific computers. Your ECM has a code on it that is required for them to enter into the programmer for it to work. You basically just bricked your car. Ouch!

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
yeah there is a 4 (IIRC) digit computer code that is on a sticker on your computer which is needed to write tunes for your car.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so what should I do call sct in the am?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im home and have it hooked up to my computer the firmware was way outdated so im updating it and emailed tech support so well see maybe they can even write me a tune with pats disabled

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any way to disable it without a tune and who would be able to do that for me a dealer sct or an idependent tuner

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
prob gonna have to sent it into sct.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sure if it would help but I have a spare ecu from my old car :dunno

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
You have to mail it back to SCT and have them unlock it...Expect to pay at LEAST $150 to get it unlocked...

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont get it though why would it let me upload a tune if its locked

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Did the guy state whether or not he restored his factory tune before selling it to you?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
he said he did and ive tried plugging a locked tuner into my last car it would say it is locked and to return the car back to stock this one allowed em to upload everything

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
he said he did and ive tried plugging a locked tuner into my last car it would say it is locked and to return the car back to stock this one allowed em to upload everything
you didnt by chance upload one of his custom tunes did you?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no I loaded the strategy tune

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Were the tunes for your computer code?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
It won't let you load a tune if it's locked. That doesn't sound to be your problem at all. It really almost sounds like you loaded a tune for his vehicle onto your car which won't work right but it should have restored correctly when you set it back to stock.

It does however sound like you have a PATS problem for some reason. At the minimum I'd expect SCT could give you a custom tune with PATS disabled to try.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts