Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I accidentally left a light on in my Jeep XJ over the weekend, and the battery died. I just tried jumping it with my Mustang, and when I had the cables connected, the Mustang started this terrible rattling noise in the engine, and the Jeep would turn over, but not catch until I gave it some gas; then, it was chugging and I smelled burning electronics. I was all WTF!?!, jumped out and killed the Stang as quick as I could. I disconnected all the lines, started the Stang up, and she purred, with no rattling.

Now I'm no idiot, I know I had the cables the right way; no possibility of some moron previous owner having somehow put the wrong color terminal on the battery because I can clearly see the ground going straight from the battery to the fender.

Anyone have any ideas what the hell happened?

·
Registered
487 Posts
it sounds like u put a huge load on ur alternator in the mustang and it cooked it a little. don't be surprised if the mustang wont start. when u raised the rpm the alt puts out more power which is y u were able to start the other car. imo jump starting is the worst thing to do just toss the battery on a charger. you can fry electronics by jump starting cars ie pcm...$ jumper cables should be emergency use only

1 - 2 of 2 Posts