Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SCT 4-Bank Eliminator Chip w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes (87-93 5.0L)

I'm having some issues with fuel mixture and i dont have a tune or anything but a bunch of modds on my foxbody i was wanting to know if anyone has this chip in there car and if its worth it or is there another tuner i can buy for my 93 GT???

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do the custom tunes work?? Do you need anything else to load new tunes on there??

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I went to get a dyno tune which is the custom tune. The tuner burned a chip and set everything up. If I ever do anything else like a supercharger then I just go back to him and just charges me a few dollars to retune it. It's not as expensive when you go the second time for the tune.
Plus the custom tune is better IMO because you get the most out of your power adders and see how much power you have.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
It's better than stock especially once you have a few mods. Mine ran way better once I put in the SCT chip. A dyno tune is better for sure because its tuned to your specific car but the mail order chip does make an improvement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In my opinion it's worth it, just installed 4 bank from BAMA Performance on our 91 GT last night! Took it for couple test drives on race and street tune, completely different car!

If I were you I'd call BAMA Performance with list of parts on the car and ask if they can program chip for you - 99% sure they would. Plus you might get discount from AM rep on the forum.

We have similar list of mods, the tune made the car run amazing comparing to stock tune.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks man i will can i ask how much you paid for it??

·
Registered
14 Posts
I sent you PM with the price, not sure if it would be politicly correct to post it on the forum.

So far the chip from BAMA is the best part I'e put on the car since I own it. Last night I took a road trip and big difference even on street tune.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
A canned mail order "tune" is a waste of money and time. I say that with this caveot, every maf is different, meaning your a/f ratio will be different with each meter and filter change. A fox is the easiest to tune on your own as long as your a/f ratio is correct. I will take any competitor's mail order tune and imprive on it because I insist the car be on my dyno. Even if you take the time to datalog maf voltage over wide band O2 and sending that to the tuner would improve your chances of getting the tune spot on. Just like taking a pill to lose weight doesnt compare to excersizing, a canned mail order tune is no comparison to a custom dyno tune.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well im having problems with my A/F ratio majorly for two days after i rest the computer it ran correctly the this morning back to the same BS the A/F mixture it going nuts... my MAF it set up for 19 lb injectors so im at a loss... there are no Dyno places around me to just take my car..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts