Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so torn about who to buy a tune from. Seems like every forum has their favorite. I thought I had my mind made up today but decided to ask some questions and I didn't care much for where they led me. Maybe you guys can help me out?

I have read the 2011+ has the ability to read A/F without a wide band? If this is correct does the SCT tuner have the ability to display and datalog?

My other option was to go ahead and buy the aeroforce gauges first. then I was thinking it would be kind of a waste since all I plan on doing at the moment is CAI and axle back. I doubt I do anything else for quite a while.

I guess I just want to KNOW that my canned mail order tune is safe. What are my choices for insuring this? With the Camaro you received the tuner and logged some pulls following specific instructions. You mailed that back to the tuner who wrote the tune using that. Rinse and repeat to make sure it was on. When I asked today I got the impression they didn't understand that concept.

Also what do you guys think of the air raid / sct combo? I like the fact I can drop it back to stock and reinsert the baffle in the intake. Otherwise I would need to carry around the stock intake in the trunk :(

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I have a canned tune from BBR and they have worked flawlessly. Many people have their favorites, so you can't go wrong with BBR, BAMA, Brenspeed, Amazon, VMP etc etc. All of them have done extensive tuning with reguards to the 5.0.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The way you did your tune before is a custom data logging tune for your vehicle, that was done to get the most out of your other parts intake/exhaust/rocker arms/cam ect. I almost did the data logging custom tune for my silverado but in the end it's a lot more time and money for what would maybe be 1-2hp more then a canned tune. Plus I finally realized That 15hp doesn't make all that much difference in a heavy ass 4x4 truck. So I bought a mustang :) and I think I've decided on BAMA, but I have a month to decide.

·
Registered
599 Posts
id just go with bama cant beat free tunes for life ill be running an air raid soon base on my car having odd issues but bama has been great im pretty much on a first name basis with several of the guys there

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So does anyone know if the SCT reads A/F? If so then I can scrap the Aeroforce guages..

Looking at dual aeroforce guages but it will be about 500 shipped for everything. Add to that about 650 for the tune and intake and 400 for the Roush exhaust and I am starting to pucker.. I could go with the single and save about 130 but at that point it's pretty much mute. Might as well go all the way..

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Im actually out testing canned tunes right now... Ive had the BBR tune and now Im running a Steeda tune. The BBR tune was great for just cold air intake, A/F was perfect, and was done flawlessly, but with the Boss 302 manifold it seemed off. It felt rough like it wasnt perfected. Even my 1/4 was slower with the Boss manifold and BBR tune. The Steeda tune with the Boss manifold is perfect. Runs smooth, just like stock, and has tons of power.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It will not read af in a manner you will under stand unless you doing n20 or fi there's really no need to keep track of it I ordered the dual aeroforce setup..should be on this weekend it pretty wicked looking I even got the relay to shut my n2o down if its starts going to lean but you could always run just one gauge in the roush vent pod.....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im actually out testing canned tunes right now... Ive had the BBR tune and now Im running a Steeda tune. The BBR tune was great for just cold air intake, A/F was perfect, and was done flawlessly, but with the Boss 302 manifold it seemed off. It felt rough like it wasnt perfected. Even my 1/4 was slower with the Boss manifold and BBR tune. The Steeda tune with the Boss manifold is perfect. Runs smooth, just like stock, and has tons of power.
What are you checking the A/F with?

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Dyno

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it seems no one has the Roush exhaust in stock. So I guess it's a tune-CAI and aeroforce meters...Made the choice more simple..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts