Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They both cost the same, which should I get? I have a P1SC and I don't plan on pushing any more than 400 RWHP. Would the 3000 be fine, or would it be overkill to the point where it's actually NOT good?

[EDIT]

Okay, new problem.

Imageshack - manual2 - Uploaded by dizzybonne - Assembly, look at the MAF part.
Imageshack - maf - Uploaded by dizzybonne - MAF part.
Imageshack - newstuff046 - Uploaded by dizzybonne - My MAF inlet tube is on the bottom left.

The "inlet tube" I have is for a stock MAF, it's not big enough. I ended up getting the SCT BA 3000. What are you guys using for your blow through application? I need to buy one to finish the kit :(.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
They have the BA-5000 too now, the slot style MAF which you could throw into your options.

After looking at these, they all say they support 400-XXX hp. Would all of them be overkill if you're only putting out 380-400rwhp?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
2600 is fine on a stockish motor but a 3000 is needed for a built and more boosted of a engine.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is the Lightning MAF pegs out at about 370-380 RWHP which is what I'm aiming at...for now. I don't wanna risk running lean just over $120 :\.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i have a mafia on my lightning maf with no problems.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Either one will be fine...Personally id go with the 3000 just so you have room to grow.

As for what scott said

2600 is fine on a stockish motor but a 3000 is needed for a built and more boosted of a engine.
Im not toooo sure about that. The 2600 supports 400-625 so how would that only be fine for a stockish motor? Im using a 2400 running blow through on mine no issues at all and its a bit past stockish.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
2600 is plenty and 3000 is plenty. Either one will work fine. A mafia can make any of them work. LOL.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Either one will be fine...Personally id go with the 3000 just so you have room to grow.

As for what scott said

Im not toooo sure about that. The 2600 supports 400-625 so how would that only be fine for a stockish motor? Im using a 2400 running blow through on mine no issues at all and its a bit past stockish.
thats what procharger said...not me personally.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
i have the 2600 as well.

I had to go to some ****in site to find a coupler to get the piping to fit. I am sure I posted it in one of my build threads. cant remember the name of the site, but it was like a turbo coupler site. google search for silicone couplings. I think you need a 3" to 4".

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I need a reducer for both sides as compared to what ProCharger does? They use a reducer for the side next to the double 90 tube, and the "inlet tube" on the other side that connects towards the intercooler.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Okay, new problem.

Imageshack - manual2 - Uploaded by dizzybonne - Assembly, look at the MAF part.
Imageshack - maf - Uploaded by dizzybonne - MAF part.
Imageshack - newstuff046 - Uploaded by dizzybonne - My MAF inlet tube is on the bottom left.

The "inlet tube" I have is for a stock MAF, it's not big enough. I ended up getting the SCT BA 3000. What are you guys using for your blow through application? I need to buy one to finish the kit :(.
Im using a flange from vmptuning.com. I just took the pipe I wanted to mount it on, drilled a hole for the maf in the right spot to match the hole diameter on the flange, welded the flange to the pipe, cleaned off the slag, etch primed n painted it ,and there you have it.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
2600 will handle all the p1sc can put out, but a slot maf might work well too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts