Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to use LiveLink and it's asking me to update the firmware on my device. To do this, it says that I have to return my vehicle to stock first. If I do this and update the firmware, will I lose all of my custom tunes on the device?

·
Registered
264 Posts
As far is I know it shouldn't erase your tune files, I updated mine the last time I put a new tune on and all my old tunes were still available, but I have the XF4, the x3 tunes have less internal memory so they may not hold on to the tune after an update

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far is I know it shouldn't erase your tune files, I updated mine the last time I put a new tune on and all my old tunes were still available, but I have the XF4, the x3 tunes have less internal memory so they may not hold on to the tune after an update

It's an X3.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It shouldnt. Do you have the files saved somewhere else? All my tunes are saved in a folder on my computer...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It shouldnt. Do you have the files saved somewhere else? All my tunes are saved in a folder on my computer...

No. I'm sure I can get them from my tuner, but I don't have copies of them on the computer. That is why I'm wondering if they will be lost when I update the firmware.

It says to return your vehicle to stock before updating. If the tunes get wiped out, my car becomes undriveable with the stock tune.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Pulls the tunes off the tuner and then update it.

Or have your tuner send you the tune files.

But I'm pretty positive it doesn't wipe out the files. It's just updating the firmware so it shouldn't wipe anything out but I've been wrong before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts