Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to unlock a Married tuner other then sending it back to SCT??? I can pick a SCT up off my friend for really cheap but its still married to his car...

-Joe

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Junkyard somewhere... Inssurace company already got ahold of it because he recieved his inssurance money...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I heard its like 100 to zero it out then 50 too put original tunes on it or something....

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
In that case your looking at $250 for can tunes, of $275 and having 1 Bama/Brenspeed tune. I would wait and buy a cai/intake combo and have the custom tunes from your dealer of choice

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
I bought one off of ebay for 100 bucks unlocked then just paid 50 for bama tunes. Well worth it. Their are plenty of unlocked SCTs on ebay, just make sure you ask the seller to confirm and have proof that he said it is in layman's terms.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
try downloading the latest version of LiveLink and try to erase the tune files on it..... it works sometimes but not all the time and if it doesn't work I think it is $50 to get it reset

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought one off of ebay for 100 bucks unlocked then just paid 50 for bama tunes. Well worth it. Their are plenty of unlocked SCTs on ebay, just make sure you ask the seller to confirm and have proof that he said it is in layman's terms.

Being a novice, How do I know what proof is correct. What should I look for?

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
just have him plainly state that the tuner is not vin locked to the car anymore.
Yep and make sure that it is posted publically and can't be deleted, just for legal terms. I just sold a locked tuner on ebay and the guy f#cked me on it. I told him it was locked, but I didn't really have solid proof so he got a full refund and has decided that he isn't going to ship it back. It will get lost while shipped. I bet you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts