Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody has had a chance to use one of these and has any input. I might be able to get a used one for a relatively cheap price and just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my money. I currently have an SCT 4 bank flip chip. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the live wire is a cool toy :)

IMO

Tuner > Chip
I agree with that, but I've heard that they've had alot of problems with the Live Wire. I may just buy it from the guy and give it a try. The worse that could happen is I don't like it and put the 4 bank back in.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I believe your talking about the x3

the issues are more with the SCT program rather than the tuners themselves but SCT is working their butts off to fix any issues left.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
didn't they have problems with the actual display on the livewire?
Yes, but they look way better now. The livewire is the best option if you want to view data in the car. When they first came out they had TONS of issues, but everything is working on them now. The Xcal3 runs on the same "engine" as the livewire. You may have a software glitch, especially if you are using vista, but these are becoming more rare. I plan on doing a detailed write up on them in the near future.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, but they look way better now. The livewire is the best option if you want to view data in the car. When they first came out they had TONS of issues, but everything is working on them now. The Xcal3 runs on the same "engine" as the livewire. You may have a software glitch, especially if you are using vista, but these are becoming more rare. I plan on doing a detailed write up on them in the near future.
The display was one of the issues that I had heard about. I figure I'll just buy it from the guy, and if I have problems I'll get rid of it. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts