Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys used this, also, how would i change the tunes, and can i literally change the tunes while i am driving?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
totally retarded. get a handheld for a number of reasons.

1. reads codes
2. Datalogging
3. no need to re-burn
4. user-adjustability
5. tunes can be emailed

chips have the ability to change tunes on the fly. Thats IT. so unless your running a big nitrous car(which is also retarded) then you have no reason to sell yourself short and get a chip.

·
Registered
640 Posts
totally retarded. get a handheld for a number of reasons.

1. reads codes
2. Datalogging
3. no need to re-burn
4. user-adjustability
5. tunes can be emailed

chips have the ability to change tunes on the fly. Thats IT. so unless your running a big nitrous car(which is also retarded) then you have no reason to sell yourself short and get a chip.

Guess performance parts are retarded? I have a chip and I picked up 8hp to the tire over a hand held...thats with ZERO adjustments. Im running a 150 shot, which isnt big, but nitrous isnt retarded if u know what u are doing with it. putting 40 lbs of boost can be retarded too...

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Yes you can change your tunes on the fly with the chip. I had one for use with spray and then economy. that was the best thing about it is that you can store a number of tunes on it when you dont plan on running it you can keep it on the economy tune then when you come up on someone you can switch to the performance tune.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Guess performance parts are retarded? I have a chip and I picked up 8hp to the tire over a hand held...thats with ZERO adjustments. Im running a 150 shot, which isnt big, but nitrous isnt retarded if u know what u are doing with it. putting 40 lbs of boost can be retarded too...
if you are under the impression that it was the physical chip that gave you an additional 8HP then we can just go ahead and add YOU to the list of retarded things. Its all in the tune, not the media which the tunes is stored on. The handheld is better in every way except the fact that you cant switch from economy to a spray tune on the fly. And who wants to constantly go and fill up that bottle??? you can do that if thats ur thing, but i just dont think its practical at all. it gets old real fast...
Yes you can change your tunes on the fly with the chip. I had one for use with spray and then economy. that was the best thing about it is that you can store a number of tunes on it when you dont plan on running it you can keep it on the economy tune then when you come up on someone you can switch to the performance tune.
This is exactly what im talking about. If you need that ability to switch on the fly then go for the chip. otherwise its dumb

·
Registered
1 Posts
SCT Mustang 4-Bank Eliminator Chip

i have the chip with four custom tunes and it makes my car have a idol problem on all tunes even stock and only when it is in gear and i stop at a red light it acts like it wants to die ? is anyone else haveing this problem

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
You can store 3 tunes on your SCT handheld too, why can't you just upload a different one to the computer on track days and then upload the "economy" one for regular driving?

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
if you are under the impression that it was the physical chip that gave you an additional 8HP then we can just go ahead and add YOU to the list of retarded things. Its all in the tune, not the media which the tunes is stored on. The handheld is better in every way except the fact that you cant switch from economy to a spray tune on the fly. And who wants to constantly go and fill up that bottle??? you can do that if thats ur thing, but i just dont think its practical at all. it gets old real fast...

This is exactly what im talking about. If you need that ability to switch on the fly then go for the chip. otherwise its dumb
lol, yup!:yes

·
Registered
370 Posts
i have this chip but i bought a tuner for when i get boosted. thier fine if you just want a tune and thats it because you can just put it in your car and leave it alone and whenever you want to switch to a different tune you shut your car off and switch the tune and then turn the car back on and there you go. if you ever need a new tune though is the gay part because you have to take the chip out and usually email it to the company you bought it from so they can burn a new tune on it. so if your gonna mod your car all at one and then stop like if you just want to run a 150 shot of n2o and be done with it then a chip is fine plus its cheaper then a tuner but cant do all the things a tuner can. its a pain in the ass though if your always wanting to put new stuff on your car and always taking it off to get it re burned. thats why i bought a tuner so i can just have my tuner email me tunes and i can upload them into my sct x2 and changes certain things on it

·
Registered
414 Posts
stangman I have the chip with a switch that goes into the lighter hole in front of your shifter. I really like it very easy to use. I like it because I will not represent myself in a court of law or tune my own car. Plus I dont like the whole cord thing with the hand held tuners( just my preferance sorry if I offend anyone).I say if you dont tune your own car not much sense in buying the hand held unit, store a street tune and a race tune then use the switch.

·
Registered
370 Posts
stangman I have the chip with a switch that goes into the lighter hole in front of your shifter. I really like it very easy to use. I like it because I will not represent myself in a court of law or tune my own car. Plus I dont like the whole cord thing with the hand held tuners( just my preferance sorry if I offend anyone).I say if you dont tune your own car not much sense in buying the hand held unit, store a street tune and a race tune then use the switch.
yeah thats basically all the chip is good fro is for someone who wants a few tunes and is not gonna tune there car ever again

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Bump this thread to the top for a few questions....... I have the SCT X-3 tuner but i hate having to turn the car off and upload the tune, i want to be able to switch my economy tune, N/A performance tune, and Nitrous tune on the fly. If i buy the switch chip i can just get the tuner to write new tunes and use the chip when i get it re-dyno'd right? Im guessing i still need to keep my SCT though so the tuner can use it to tune the car... Correct? I want to be able to change tunes on the fly is why im asking about the switch chip

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Bump this thread to the top for a few questions....... I have the SCT X-3 tuner but i hate having to turn the car off and upload the tune, i want to be able to switch my economy tune, N/A performance tune, and Nitrous tune on the fly. If i buy the switch chip i can just get the tuner to write new tunes and use the chip when i get it re-dyno'd right? Im guessing i still need to keep my SCT though so the tuner can use it to tune the car... Correct? I want to be able to change tunes on the fly is why im asking about the switch chip
Yes with the chip u can swicth to a nitrous tune on the fly unstead of driving around with retarded timing when not spraying, and most tuners won't need the handheld they can tune threw the chip with software, the chip is 100% the way to go for nitrous users but na or force induction users would use a handheld

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Think i will keep the tuner unless you guys really think its useless... and does the chip have a 2 step option in it? Read on one of the reviews on AM that a guy said he had one on his, that would help at the track a lot

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I have the chip and my tuner has overridden the tunes that came with the chip, but then again he is an SCT tuner/trainer.

I mainly just use 2 tunes, 93 Octane NA and nitrous.

The company that used to make the coin holder delete holder for the switch no longer makes the coin delete switch plate. So you have to get creative with mounting your switch or just leave it in the glove box.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
And does anyone have a picture of the dial knob or what the mounting thing/plate looks like?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I have the chip and my tuner has overridden the tunes that came with the chip, but then again he is an SCT tuner/trainer.

I mainly just use 2 tunes, 93 Octane NA and nitrous.

The company that used to make the coin holder delete holder for the switch no longer makes the coin delete switch plate. So you have to get creative with mounting your switch or just leave it in the glove box.
So you can be rolling down the road and rape the car N/A and flip the switch and your ready to spray right then all while driving right?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yes Ur tuner can burn a 2 step tune to it, but once u got a chip in ur handheld is obsolete, no reason to keep it unless u plan on changing setups, u can't change the tune or anything with a handheld if chip is in

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yes Ur tuner can burn a 2 step tune to it, but once u got a chip in ur handheld is obsolete, no reason to keep it unless u plan on changing setups, u can't change the tune or anything with a handheld if chip is in
Alright, thanks man. It would be nice to find someone that would straight up trade me a chip for my more expensive SCT-X3:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts