Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for translations To Automatic Transmission settings

No problems = No Touch for me

Adjust Options

Global Spark : I'll let my tuner/dealer worry about that

Axle Ratio : Easy, 4.10 select :D

Speed limits: What do these do and why would I want to touch them?

Fan Speeds : No problems = No touch

WOT...now What?

Need to adjust for track conditions, How will these help?

WOT shift points, MPH = ?

Shift Point selections 1-5 = -3 mph,-2 mph,-1 mph, 0 mph, 1 mph goes up to 7.

Shift Pressure/Firmness selections 1-5 = -25%, -20%. -15%, -10%, -5%, 0%, 5%, 10%, !5%, 20%, 25%.

Based on poor track conditions Second and third shifts quick but too hard and tires spin, How to fix this?

Based on Great track conditions second and third hooks great and want to turn it up, How to do this?

I know...shift manually but it depends on where you shift and the results too inconsistent, misses the point of having the Automatic at WOT?

Any links or information would be helpful.

·
Registered
476 Posts

Adjust Options

WOT...now What?

Shift Pressure/Firmness selections 1-5 = -25%, -20%. -15%, -10%, -5%, 0%, 5%, 10%, !5%, 20%, 25%.

Based on poor track conditions Second and third shifts quick but too hard and tires spin, How to fix this?

Based on Great track conditions second and third hooks great and want to turn it up, How to do this?

I know...shift manually but it depends on where you shift and the results too inconsistent, misses the point of having the Automatic at WOT?

speed limits are just that...just scroll down on that option until u see speed limit off and select that..u can set a determined speed limiter or GOVERNOR the rest ill let somebody else explain,,,i know what they mean but im not good with words and dont wanna confuse you

·
Registered
212 Posts

Adjust Options

WOT...now What?

If this is a custom tune I wouldn't mess with to much because they usually have a subprogram written for the autos with torque converter and shift points, but I also experience the same problen sometimes at WOT so I used

Shift Pressure/Firmness selections and start at -5 for the gear you think is too firm. Don't expect a big change all at once but I wouldn't lighten the pressure anymore than -10 until I did a fwe runs because it might adversely affect another gear or your overdrive .. I set all my shift pressures to -5 and after 5 or so runs it still barks in all threee but it's not as violent and doesn't feel like it's leaving the rearend on the ground!!!! :yes

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

If this is a custom tune I wouldn't mess with to much because they usually have a subprogram written for the autos with torque converter and shift points, but I also experience the same problen sometimes at WOT so I used

Shift Pressure/Firmness selections and start at -5 for the gear you think is too firm. Don't expect a big change all at once but I wouldn't lighten the pressure anymore than -10 until I did a fwe runs because it might adversely affect another gear or your overdrive .. I set all my shift pressures to -5 and after 5 or so runs it still barks in all threee but it's not as violent and doesn't feel like it's leaving the rearend on the ground!!!! :yes
This is the first time I wanted to make changes since I got the tune and plugged it in and didn't know what was what so I left it alone.

I stopped by the tuner and after a few movements we reset things where they should be, he was at the track last time watching a lot of other cars and I did not know he was there and he saw me run and knew I be around his shop first chance I got. The shift firmness was too high for the track conditions as it was a cold night and there was not much prep to speak of . Guys were driving through the water leaving it everywhere. We set it at -10% and it still hits good on the street and next time at the track I will go while the sun is up, though this is late in the year and I am sporting new tires I needed to get it under control. I cannot belive the season is almost over.

SCT should have better information available to us timing light and vacuum gauge guys.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
212 Posts
No problem, Glad you got it the way you like it, autos can be tricky to tune and the "Shift Firmness" is def 1 of the trickiest. It's pretty cool your tuner was already at the track and was able to help you like that. Oh Yea what did you end up running and what other mods you got??

When I first got my X3 (package deal with the c&l racer and 3tunes) it was the 1st time I had ever used a flashtuner and I also felt they should come with a detailed manual. It took me awhile to get the nerve up to use it on my car but it came down to changing some enduser adjustments before I got use to it. I think my mind actually made me think the idle was too low and some other things so i could use my X3, Now I did lower my Hi and Low speed fan settings by 4degrees and that did make a positive difference especially in the summer. If you take them to low the fan will always run though which aint good for batt.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem, Glad you got it the way you like it, autos can be tricky to tune and the "Shift Firmness" is def 1 of the trickiest. It's pretty cool your tuner was already at the track and was able to help you like that. Oh Yea what did you end up running and what other mods you got??
Stock set up was 14.109 then we got the tune and a cai, stock Pirellis all season we got 13.5-13.4 all the time.
Then came the 4.10s and the car became unglued hitting second and spun a little more than I liked going in third and we ended up with:
60' 2.022
1/8 ET 8.532
MPH 83.61
1/4 ET 13.227
MPH 104.96

I will pull everything out and yank out the sway bar and hope to get a 1.9 in the 60' and see if I can hit that 12.xxx in some colder air. I have my doubts, most likely see a 13.1xx. I reset the firmness to -10% 1-2 then -5% 2-3 and left the rest alone, if the track is good I might have a shot.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Those are Darn decent times, 4.10s made some gains as long as you can survive that 1-2 shift. Sure hope these new autos hold up because I've read equal amounts of good and bad reviews.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts