Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dyno today and the tuner guy told me that I need to add fuel to my tune to get it closer to a 13 A/F ratio. He supports the Diablo tuner so he wouldn't help me in adjusting my fuel. I have a Sct3 3015 tuner and I don't know how to go about adding fuel. Is this an easy proceeder ?
Here is my dyno results for the last 2 years, the blue line is the one that I am concerned about...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Where did you get the tuner from? Bama tunes or what?

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlowByRacing

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, The tuner guy told me as if it was an easy thing to do.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yup, The tuner guy told me as if it was an easy thing to do.
Gary, I don't know much on how to change settings in the handheld tuners. I would be afraid to mess something up that I didn't me too. I would just have them email you a new tune adjusting the A/F ratio. Sorry I couldn't help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had the same problem. I Data logged mine and sent the file to them and the emailed me back about 2 days later with a new tune. now I'm at 11.2 a/f.
[/IMG
]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey just noticed when I go to my custom tune to load it it gives me the options to change stuff such as gear ratio, tire size, rev. limiter and so one. If your tune shop left these options unlocked for you to change there is also an a/f change in there to run it richer! Hope this is unlocked and it should be simple to adjust!

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
datalog and send it to them. dont mess with it your self or you will just screw it up

·
Registered
872 Posts
Good luck getting any freaking help from BBR - by far the worst customer service out there. Stick with someone like VMP, JDM, Woodbine, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Either have BBR fix it or get a VMP, JDM, or custom local dyno tune. Between 3200 and 3800 RPM you are between 14 and 14.5:1. That is pretty lean for WOT running, even though you aren't boosted.

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
my bbr tune is pretty good. brenspeed was good too. looking at vmp tune after the cam install.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
you cant change the tune with the handheld...you can install different tunes but the settings inside the tune are for people that know what they are doing... you have no idea how complicated the tables are inside the tune unless you have watched someone go through the process...

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Again, The dyno dump I went to had no idea what they were talking about when He told me to add 5% fuel to my BBR tune. He was also telling me the reason he couldn't tune my Stang is because I have a 08 Stang. I finally told him not to touch my car that I was going to reload my BBR tune and leave. My down fall was that I waited 4hrs at the shop before I pulled the plug...
I'm thinking of trying one of Chris's tunes from AM...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would look at SCT's web site and find a dealer near you if you were gonna have a shop do it. I had a box tune from stage 3 running way lean at 14.2! Took to my local dyno sct cert. shop and got it to 11.2 and gained 58hp! They local shop tuned it as an moderate tune. I ordered the 3 tunes from AM and got them less than 2 days latter loaded them and put the street tune on and gained another 8hp and run's at 11.3-11.5.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts