Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting one, but is there an option to keep it from tuning the transmission. I prefer to do the j-mod for that portion of the trans instead of it messing with line pressure ect...also does it compensate shift points for the gear ratio i have (4.30) .

Thanks lots.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not to get off track. But what's the j mod?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best mod around for automatic transmission valve bodies. Makes the shifts more firm and better, but does it without increasing line pressure. it increases volumes. Its legit .

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
Yes, the SCT handheld is capable of changing or not changing just about any parameter you can think of, provided you have the software (PRP) to write your own tune files or you're having someone (a tuner) write you a custom file. As far as just making changes through the handheld itself (not loading a custom tune file), I can't recall what you're able to access, but I know it's relatively limited.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im buying it from a friend the main things i want are for the shift points to be different and for it to keep from going into overdrive. Even if you say O/D off it forces it at like 80mph...its like an anti 1/4 mile tune or something lol. I need that feature disabled. its dumb and HAS togo >_< .

I hope it has options for that and option ot not retune the tranny and im ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts