Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 99 GT and and SCT Tuner. Whenever I load the tuner up and play with the strategy tune, the motor detonates (pings) when letting the clutch out. A mechanic friend told me its caused by the tuner and timing. Sure enough, every time I load the stock tune back into the car, the pinging goes right away.

He told me to take out timing, but I am uncertain of where and how much to do. Can anyone help me out here? Can anyone also help tell me what I should be tweaking in strategy mode to help my car run better? All I have tweaked is trac. control off. What else can I do?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
you should let a tuner tune your car not "play" with it if you dont know what your doing

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So much for help. It's just a strategy tune.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
So much for help. It's just a strategy tune.
we are helping messing with it and not knowing what your doing, plus hearing it detonate were helping you by hopefully you not messing with it more and blowing your motor.

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
You can adjust many parameters.
Go to timing and back it off in the octane tune you are loading up. You should be able to adjust timing from 0-2000,2000-4000,4000-6000 rpm ranges.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Buy and read this book, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Engine-Management-Advanced-Greg-Banish/dp/1932494421"]Engine Management: Advanced Tuning by Greg Banish[/ame]--then read it again and you'll be ready to start mucking about with ignition timing and other tune parameters.

Keep the book nearby...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Why are you in strategy tuune? did you not get the tune from SCT, Their tune will be better, the stragegy starts you off at basline stock and than adjustments are made.. So I would get a request forum and give them your mod list and let them do it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts