Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greets all,

I just bought an 06 GT from a dealer last January. Got it home and started my wish list for it. Already has a CAI so i started talking to the local Mustang Tuner and he knew my car. In fact it has CAI, 4.10's, lowering springs, 93 octane tune. He also informed me he did all the tuning on the car and it should of had a SCT tuner unit with the car as it was given to the dealer when the previous owner traded it in. I couldn't get the dealer to give it to me as i was told they just trash them. My question is, the local tuner said it was an older SCT Tuner, will a newer tuner be compatible with the data already on the car? and does it have to be flashed to stock to lock a new tuner unit to the car?

Thanks
LoRun

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, I can't actually give you an for sure answer on the tuner compatibility, but I will say welcome and congrats on your new stang. I would think if you got a new SCT tuner it would be able to read your old tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not for nutin the dealer should have returned your car to the stock tune before trashing the tuner. why would any dickhead trash the tuner?? you may have to cold start the stock comput. and then reinstall the new tuner with all the new updates for the car

·
Registered
201 Posts
Not for nutin the dealer should have returned your car to the stock tune before trashing the tuner. why would any dickhead trash the tuner?? you may have to cold start the stock comput. and then reinstall the new tuner with all the new updates for the car
You are right that if they knew what they are doing, putting it back stock would have been best for the new owner but wouldn't have run quite as well.

Certain aftermarket parts (appearance mods like wheels especially) can help sell a car, but in general on the used market, people don't want to see that a car has been messed with, because most people that go to the trouble of modding the car are going to drive it hard. Yes, I realize not everyone but on average. I'll bet if you asked a used car dealer they would say "stock/adult owned" outsells "modified/owned by a kid/young guy" (no offense against young guys).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed, but it was really low miles... that's what caught my attention. Unfortunately until i figure out the tuner issue i cant continue with my wish list (LTH, cams)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts