Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered gears and t-lok off Am.com. Everyone recommends the tuner for RECALIBRATION purposes. They also recommend for shift points on auto. I'm having trouble finding gains out side of fixing the speed gauge for standard trannys. Anyone have any good experiance with sct tuner on standard cars?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I mean a tuner is good on any car.But a tuner with an auto and a tuner with manual is like night a day. An auto tranny with a tuner will shift faster than any manual

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Change rev limiters, remove speed limiter, make sure your tire revs/mile are correct, and ability to advance timing for high octane fuel is about the most you'll get out of a tuner until you do mods that require a tune. If you don't have an OBD-II scanner, it works well for that too.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
It will shift better I got one since I had bigger tires and gears, but for some reason when I come to a stop it has a jolt when im coming to a stop. Other than that it really just got all my **** straight. I didn't change the octane or rev limiter.

·
Registered
461 Posts
on a standard the only real gains until you add a power adder are going to be for calibrating your speedo and changing the octane levels. A 93 octane will give you a good throw back into the seats, change some of the speed limiters and you can run away from the rich kids who never got their changed.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Eh your prolly right, I did a lot when i had the car tuned up to 91 octane. So it may have just been that nice combo and not sure what to expect feeling of hammering the peddle down at the first green light on to the interstate. I left a nice one wheel wonder burnout... need to fix that next...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good point, i'll pick one up. Not expecting much outa it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts