Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my C&L CAI and SCT tuner from Brenspeed. I installed the CAI and everything went smooth, until I tried to install the tune.

The SCT powers up and lets me select Program Vehicle, but when I follow the prompts (press select, turn key on, press select, etc.) it gives me a time out error like it can't find the car computer. Same thing when I try to read the car error codes, it can't find the car. I followed the directions exactly and tried several times with the same problem.

Did I do something wrong or is the tuner bad?

I drove home 20 miles with the C&L but without a tune. I had just filled up with 93 octane in anticipation of installing the 93 octane tune. I didn't get any error lights on the car, but it seems to bog now. I tried to keep the RPM's under 3000 on the drive home. I need to get the tuner working so I can drive it with this CAI installed.

Any ideas, other than calling Brenspeed in the morning?
I just got my C&L CAI and SCT tuner from Brenspeed. I installed the CAI and everything went smooth, until I tried to install the tune.

The SCT powers up and lets me select Program Vehicle, but when I follow the prompts (press select, turn key on, press select, etc.) it gives me a time out error like it can't find the car computer. Same thing when I try to read the car error codes, it can't find the car. I followed the directions exactly and tried several times with the same problem.

Did I do something wrong or is the tuner bad?

I drove home 20 miles with the C&L but without a tune. I had just filled up with 93 octane in anticipation of installing the 93 octane tune. I didn't get any error lights on the car, but it seems to bog now. I tried to keep the RPM's under 3000 on the drive home. I need to get the tuner working so I can drive it with this CAI installed.

Any ideas, other than calling Brenspeed in the morning?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
your pcm probably does not match the tuner is all.. common problem.

welcome to the forums man.. it is an easy fix.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
could it also be he started the car rather then put it to accessory?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't start the car, I did follow the directions, but it seems to not recognize the car.

If it has the wrong codes, can Brenspeed email the correct codes to me and I update the tuner, or does the tuner have to go back to Brenspeed?

Is this an easy fix in the morning or do I have to uninstall the CAI and put the stock back on and wait for a new tuner?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Has your car ever been back to the dealership for anything? If so they could have changed the pcm strategy different from the code you give brenspeed.

·
Registered
514 Posts
That sucks and would bum me out!

I just received my CAI and Tuner so maybe I should try to do the tuner first then the intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts