Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my X3 in early Jan. I read some things about how some people have had issues when taking their car's into the dealer for service. You are supposed to return the car to stock, note the current strategy code and compare it to the car's strategy code once you get it back from the dealer.

My warranty is about 500 miles from being void, so I took it in this weekend to get a couple of things tweaked. When I picked the car up, the dealer told me that there has just been a recall on the 05's concerning the safety restraint system and that the PCM had been updated. Good to know. So, I was anticipating that I would need to contact SCT or a dealer to get updated tune files for a new strategy code . . . but when I get the car home . . . it says that the strategy code is the exact same?

Can I just reinstall my tune? If the dealer updated the PCM, shouldn't their be a new strategy code? Did the dealer actually update the PCM? I'm not sure if I should just reinstall . . . I don't want to have to tow my car back to the dealer . . . but like I said the strategy code is the same. I am also a little concerned that maybe the dealer forgot to update the PCM if their actually is a recall with the restraint system. That is something that I definitely want working correctly.

Any thoughts or opinions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Call your tuner first! It will probably be fine, but it would be better to find out first, than to end up with a dead ECU and have to wait for tech support and an emailed tune while your car won't start.

Edit: Ah, I didn't realize the tuners are set up to check the code first. Still, and email or post to your tuner's support forum (if you're using the canned X3 tune) or to the tuner themself will tell you for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts