Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have pypes duel exhaust, and a bbk intake on my car as of right now. will the tuner work with the bbk intake considering it didnt require a tune. i wanted to get the tuner with the pre-loaded tunes from Americanmuscle since i don't have access to a dyno.
Also if it would work with that how easy is it to use and switch back to factory tune if something happens. i have read the post about the guy who had to bring it back to ford because it messed up his ecu or something. is that a very rare occurrence or does that happen fairly often.

Thanks for all the help and sorry for the stupid questions.

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
As far as I know that's fairly rare.

I have the SCT 4 bank chip and I like it a lot. With a tuner you just need a few minutes to plug it in and reflash the PCM.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thank you, i was on Bamachips website, has anyone used his tunes?
also what about brenspeed?

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
I think that Explorer Express (X-charger) Uses a bamachips tune.

Never heard anything about brenspeed.

From what I've read and what people have told me Sniper, Diablosport, and SCT are some of the best.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thank you, yeah SCT seems to be the most popular so im going to go with that, now i don't know where i should buy it from. AM is like $357 w/ 1 tune, and bamachips is $400 with 3 tunes. idk which tunes are better im willing to spend the extra money if they are better tunes.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
A tuner won't do a whole lot with your mods. Sure you can dial things in closer with a custom tune, but with your mods the preloaded tunes would work fine. If it were me in your situation i wouldn't bother with a tune. Sometimes the extra hp is not worth running 91+ octane all the time.
http://www.tricktuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow really? from what i've read thats one of the best things to do to an 05+ mustang. thanks for your input tho, you might be right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree the tune is one of the best things that I did. The best tuners around are VMP tuning and Bama. Both are great! Your intake and exhaust will not make a difference because when you get your tunner (new or used) they will upload a tune to what you have on your mustang now. i.e 16 or 17inch wheel, 3.31 or 4.10 gears ect.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree the tune is one of the best things that I did. The best tuners around are VMP tuning and Bama. Both are great! Your intake and exhaust will not make a difference because when you get your tunner (new or used) they will upload a tune to what you have on your mustang now. i.e 16 or 17inch wheel, 3.31 or 4.10 gears ect.
This was a very old thread. i got the tuner a while ago. thanks for the input tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts