Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my friends,
i am new with the hand held tuners, but my question is : can i get a custom tune that is on my buddy's sct tuner that was made from a shop for his car, and some how hook it up to my home pc and copy that tune and put it in my hand held sct tuner? we both have the same year cars with same mods, but he paid 500 to have his car tuned . i would just like to use the same tune .

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
You have to have the same strategy code on your computers.

Oh, and you can only delete and upload tunes from the tuner. I don"t think you can download a tune off of it onto a PC, I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hmmm that would be pretty sweet but 07 is right you have 3 or 4 digit code specically for your car..

·
babe, let's get packed
2,034 Posts
hello my friends,
i am new with the hand held tuners, but my question is : can i get a custom tune that is on my buddy's sct tuner that was made from a shop for his car, and some how hook it up to my home pc and copy that tune and put it in my hand held sct tuner? we both have the same year cars with same mods, but he paid 500 to have his car tuned . i would just like to use the same tune .
I received a tune from Brenspeed as a file attachment in an email and was able to download it to my handheld SCT tuner. This was several years ago so don't ask me how I did it, but it worked cause I need it to get an inspection sticker and the tune is still there - I use is every year. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts