Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SCT/x3 tuner and i am putting new pullies and an frpp intake on my mustang so i sent in a request for a new tune. recieved an email saying i need to download the software and there lies my problem I have mac and OS X doesnt support window apps. Anyone else find a solution for this?

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Sct doesn't have on OS X download on their site? I thought I remember them having a few software downlaods for different operating systems. Or maybe that was the diablo site since I use both tuners. Check out the SCT forum, I'm sure you are not the first one with this issue, and see what others have done. Cheap laptop can solve the problem too, but I'm sure there has gotta be a way to use your Mac

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea ive dug up the old ladies hp since she stole my macbook lol but im definitely going to dig deeper to find the mac software

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it to install on my gf hp and now it wont display the full screen of the first page wtf is going on i cant maximize it or anything and its not showing my custom tunes

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
If you're still having trouble, get them to do a remote connection (where they take over your computer) and let them do everything.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do i do that they arent available right now are they? i tried going on the forum registered and everything but i cant look at any of the threads its getting very aggravating

·
8,782 Posts
I don't think they are..not entirely sure tho. Which site are u using??

SCTFlash.com, then click technical help.

I've been in your shoes trying to get the damn thing to work and was ready to toss it into the pit and burn the ****er I was so mad.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea im trying to refrain myself from doing a river dance on it and punching a hole threw both my gf hp and my iMac all at once

On SCT forum i cant view anything all it says is no threads and i dont see how i can join groups when what they tell you to do doesnt even work

·
Registered
354 Posts
Had to dig up my wife's old hp laptop, as I have a Mac. tech from sct said they do not have Mac support. Got them to Remote Desktop my update on my tuner. He had it running in ten minutes, where as I was banging my head and ready to launch my wife's laptop out the window prior to calling sct, lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im glad im not the only one seems like whenever i do something to my mustang everything is on the negative side not positive...always fighting something. well i guess ill give them a call monday and see what they can do

·
8,782 Posts
Mine needed some update to the actual tuner..not just the program on my computer. They had to completely wipe out the version it had and replace it with a new one. I'd have never been able to do that **** myself. Thank god there's a way they can do it themselves.

When these things have tech problems, they REALLY test your patience. You find out a lot about yourself after going through SCT update difficulties hahaha

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive learned i have no patience and a high temper and also a destructive mind haha. i did the automatic software update for the software and the tuner and still nothing im updating the computer right now to see if that helps, i think ive honestly thought of everything i could to get it to work

·
8,782 Posts
There's something you gotta do involving going tonthe "start" option (on the desktop) and look for something you gotta select. If I had my computer, I'd figure out what i did last time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right click my computer
click manage
go to devices
click jungo or other
right click tuner
click updates
hit auto

that sound right? lol

·
8,782 Posts
Lol. I see you have done it before and are about to jump through your computer screen and choke me to death.

*runs away*

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes lol i believe i did it twice for both the software on the computer and for the tuner and still no help

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
You guys just have bad luck. I've used both Diablo and SCT tuners on my car. Swapped tunes, gone from one tuner to the other, data logged and never had a hitch. I even have the crappy Vista on my PC. Freakin technology can drive you nuts. There is no rhyme or reason that **** shouldn't work the way it's supposed to. I hope you get it straightened out without too much hassle. Take a deep breath and a swig of Crown, and wait till Monday.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
if you really wanted to run PC software on your mac you could install Windows thru Bootcamp on your mac.. but it seems your problem is software related. I always datalogged with a PC laptop just because I could take it in the car.. you need to pick a better day to start having this problem.. 630 on Sat night is the no help zone... and now you want something good to happen on Monday... good luck!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I told the sct guy I have a windows based Mac. No dice.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts