Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new JLT CAI and X3. Here's the deal. Flash went fine as far as I can tell.#1 It wont idle consistantly. #2 It backfires/pop's after I accelerate. #3 1st gear accelleration is great, when I shift to 2nd gear, it falls on it's face then starts to accellerate, 3rd gear, same deal.#4 It knocks badly. Any ideas? I installed the canned tune for 87 octane.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Are you sure you have the MAF installed in the correct orientation. And like has been said already check all connections in the CAI

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed the MAF in the same direction as I removed it from the stock air box. I also checked all the clamps after it had warmed up and was able to get a couple of more turns, but no change. Thanks Rad
Zippee, how long does it take to get a tune from Bama?
Jgorm, same question... I need it to get me to work Monday AM!
Thanks guys I appriciate the help!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I sent him a PM shortly after his post and went to link he posted and ordered one. I haven't heard back from him yet.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I installed the MAF in the same direction as I removed it from the stock air box. I also checked all the clamps after it had warmed up and was able to get a couple of more turns, but no change. Thanks Rad
I ordered both my tuner & tunes from him, and they arrived at my place in Canada, from his place in Alabama, in 6 business days. Tunes he can send to you via email the minute he receives your order and information. :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Worst case scenario you put it back to stock until you can get the tune issue resolved. Unload the tune and see what happens. See if the car at least runs better wihtout the tune. If it does not get better then my guess is you have a issue with the CAI. If the problme goes away then you know its the tune. If it's the tune try and load the 93 Octane Tune and see what happens.

It could very well take [email protected] Bama several days to get back to you. One of the things I do not like about him. He has great tunes from what i hear but the one thing is he takes awhile to reply to people. And yes I know he is a one man operation but that is no excuse for taking day sometimes weeks to reply to people that need help for his tunes not working. Not the first time i have heard this problem from him. Not trying to Bash Doug but am merely saying what i have seen from other who have purchased from him.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Worst case scenario you put it back to stock until you can get the tune issue resolved. Unload the tune and see what happens. See if the car at least runs better wihtout the tune. If it does not get better then my guess is you have a issue with the CAI. If the problme goes away then you know its the tune. If it's the tune try and load the 93 Octane Tune and see what happens.

It could very well take [email protected] Bama several days to get back to you. One of the things I do not like about him. He has great tunes from what i hear but the one thing is he takes awhile to reply to people. And yes I know he is a one man operation but that is no excuse for taking day sometimes weeks to reply to people that need help for his tunes not working. Not the first time i have heard this problem from him. Not trying to Bash Doug but am merely saying what i have seen from other who have purchased from him.

Thats why I am going with Brenspeed.

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I know Doug has good tunes, but if I get it, and the tune is screwed up, I want to be able to talk to somebody RIGHT NOW, not a week later when he finally finds the email, or answers the phone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bamachips

FYI
Doug was very fast for me.
Sent in my order and less than one day later he emailed me all 3 tunes I ordered.
Also answered any questions quickly (via email) while I was considering what I wanted.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I got some bad news from Joe this morning, I guess he doesn't have whatever is needed to tune the '07-'08's. The kit says to not run it with a stock tune so I guess my only option at this point is to put the stock air box assy. back in and wait for a bama tune or call brenspeed tomorrow and wait for something from them. Thanks for the help guys.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
I know Doug has good tunes, but if I get it, and the tune is screwed up, I want to be able to talk to somebody RIGHT NOW, not a week later when he finally finds the email, or answers the phone.
+1...I had the same problem with Doug.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts