Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fixing to order my clutch this week and was going to borrow an X4 (I only have an X3) to do the monitor misfire neutral position relearn from Rotard or someone. Before I pay for shipping, does anyone know if the special functions option will work between multiple cars or must the tuner be unmarried?

·
Hot rod Stang
550 Posts
Try motorvationefi.com ask for TJ, he can sell you a tuner & answer questions. He's my cousin's husband and builds racing harnesses as wel as bracket races.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yes you can. You can perform a relearn to any car. I had asked shun at aed this and he said yah.

Like with the x3, you read codes on any mustang. Not just the one it's tuned to.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try motorvationefi.com ask for TJ, he can sell you a tuner & answer questions. He's my cousin's husband and builds racing harnesses as wel as bracket races.
Lol!!!!

Yes you can. You can perform a relearn to any car. I had asked shun at aed this and he said yah.

Like with the x3, you read codes on any mustang. Not just the one it's tuned to.
Sweet dude, thanks! I actually just emailed Shaun right before reading this. Should have checked here first. Now I need to get Rotard to mail me his X4 tomorrow so I can start the swap on Friday.

Do you know if it matters if an aftermarket tune is loaded? I didn't think about that until I stumbled upon a post where it had mixed answers. Some said it must be stock some said it didn't matter.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
You have to put the car back to stock for the re learn. When you put the X4 on, it says to do so.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
You do? Hmm I'm almost 100% positive I didnt.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the engine physically run during the relearn?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts