Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered the sct xcal3 and its coming in today,...i just want a few opioions on it,.....performance gains,.....whatever,,,....

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
na not stock
mac catback with super 40s welded in
mac cai
msd 8.5s
bbk headers

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome because im still in that process of modding i kinda just started,....i just had the headers put on they didnt make much of a difference but they made it sound AMAZING

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
yeah, LTs will even make it sound better yet. gratz on the mods. next you should prolly get a high flow mid-pipe or off road one, gears and a t-lok...and that tuner will be even more effective. Are you auto or manual?

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man,...manual i hate auto,..but if i got l/ts i would fail inspection quick virginia is anal about emissions,...yea i was looking into used gt rear ends but i couldnt find any but gears should i get 3.73? + tlok

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
your asking for opinions on something you already bought??

... okay

imo i don't see much of a gain over the xcal2... but ehh... thats for you to decide

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
thanks man,...manual i hate auto,..but if i got l/ts i would fail inspection quick virginia is anal about emissions,...yea i was looking into used gt rear ends but i couldnt find any but gears should i get 3.73? + tlok
The only way to get around LTs that no one mentions is that you can just buy an o/r h-pipe, and buy cats....and have a muffler shop make you a catted shorty h-pipe. LTs are legal....its just that MAC no longer makes catted h-pipes for them.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your asking for opinions on something you already bought??

... okay

imo i don't see much of a gain over the xcal2... but ehh... thats for you to decide
i bought it but it hasnt come in yet its supposed to be here today

also i was worried about how far the l/ts hang down

·
Registered
549 Posts
The only way to get around LTs that no one mentions is that you can just buy an o/r h-pipe, and buy cats....and have a muffler shop make you a catted shorty h-pipe. LTs are legal....its just that MAC no longer makes catted h-pipes for them.

???isnt moving the cats from the stock location enough not to pass emissions. well visually anyway.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
all i know is that you get a HEFTY fine in virginia for having an illlegal exhaust

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
???isnt moving the cats from the stock location enough not to pass emissions. well visually anyway.
No removing a working cat is illegal. but if you replaced it with a high-flow cat it wold be fine. VA has pretty much the same emission laws as PA does. I have LTs...but i got mine when MAC made the catted h-pipe.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
a buddy of mine had a little integra with a full exhaust im not sure im pretty sure he had no cats on it and when he got pulled over and the cop wrote him a 750$ ticket just for the exhaust he had a header lol too

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
a buddy of mine had a little integra with a full exhaust im not sure im pretty sure he had no cats on it and when he got pulled over and the cop wrote him a 750$ ticket just for the exhaust he had a header lol too
well if i undrestand what your saying he was runing oppen headers, which is loud as ****, so that is why he whould have got a tickt

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
^^ nah he said it had a full exhaust with no cats......so the kid as prolly driving like an idiot, drawing attention to himself and deserved the ticket.

if you really want LTs....have a shop fab u up a catted h-pipe and you wont need to worry about emissions.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yup he sure was he just got fired from his job and decided to be a jackass and peel out while leaving and didnt realize that there was a cop sitting at wendys right across the street :]

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ohh well it was funny tho

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i just ordered my sct strategy tuner and am waiting for it to come in in a day or two....now for tunes i someone was talking about someone here on the site that does tunes and is highly recommended. What is his name again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts