Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found someone very close by that has this tuner that I have listed that is only wanting 125 and willing to go down even more. He says there are 4 unlocks left on it. Will that work if he has used it on his? Should I pick this up?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im ready to go pick this up...as soon as you guys say its good

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
As long as you plug it in, and verify that it's unlocked, that's a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright good...and is that a decent tuner also?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if he loaded his stock tune back on his car, then you can use as is. If not it will cost like $150 for sct to unlock/unmarry it
alright ill make sure to ask him that

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Don't just ask him, plug it into your car and make sure it'll recognize your car. I have a friend of mine that got screwed over because the guy told her it was unlocked, and it wasn't.

And the X3 is a good tuner, it's the one that is supported by most tuners right now, and the same one I use on my car.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks. im taking my boyfriend with me of course. so i will make sure we plug it in. and he said I could get it for 100.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What am I gonna see when I plug this in if it recognizes it? And it won't hurt anything to plug it in to mine will it I'm afraid the guy will make me buy it first.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
What am I gonna see when I plug this in if it recognizes it? And it won't hurt anything to plug it in to mine will it I'm afraid the guy will make me buy it first.
if he make u pay for it first dont get it, when i bought mine i had the guy install it first, ask him to install it for u, i just sold mine n installed it for the new owner, it should take a few minutes to complete the whole process

u should see on the screen when it saves ur stock tune then it'll start downloading the tune in the sct, theres a lot of hitting select button n the key on/off

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
Ill bet its still married to his car...... the unlocks left are done from your sct program after the car has been returned to stock.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went and got the programmer from the guy today!! It went better than expected! I got there and he had said initially that he had everything to go with it, but when we got there and asked him for it. All he had was the programmer. He had said there was really nothing in there but the box. Anyway, I was questioning it at that point but then we asked if it was easy to use and he just went ahead and programmed it to my car. He fixed my speedometer and turned the engine light off and some other things. But anyways, it was in good working condition and I only got it for 100 bucks. So I couldn't be happier. However, I asked him for the cord I thought you were suppose to get that was grey to plug into your computer to install custom tunes to your car and he said he never got one. I'm wondering if I could just get one from sct or what??

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I think the cable used to connect it to the computer is a simple printer usb cable. I may be wrong tho. Looks like this >

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats the image i saw on google but i just wasnt sure if it was for that...

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Yeah, it's just a USB Printer cable. I steal the one off my printer when I need it.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok cools thanks!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts