Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have read plenty of threads about this, and i am almost 100% sure how to do use it properly, What i dont know is using it as a fuel cleaner, am i supposed to have an empty tank of gas or full?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I poured a whole can into half a tank of gas so it would be more concentrated. Not sure if thats the best practice though. Maybe why my car is taking longer to start now.

I think most people will say about 1/3 of a can into half a tank of fuel.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
I would do all 3 and then an oil change just-to-be-safe. Reason?

I wouldn't risk it, I've heard you need to be careful, it's very powerful stuff. If you don't want to do an oil change since you just got one, don't seafoam until you do another oil change then take it to a shop and do it or do it yourself.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Thats only when adding to the Crankcase though right? Not if youre only adding to the tank or intake manifold.
Correct. Seafoam was originally developed as a fuel system cleaner so it's fine to sit in the tank and when it's put into the intake it will be pulled into the cylinders and burned up. The only place it will actually stick around is in the crankcase. However I recommend either doing all 3 or at least the crankcase and intake. Some people don't add it to the fuel for whatever reason but I hate personally hate leaving 1/3 of a can just sitting around so I always add it. Also, add it with at least a half tank of gas. My ex's father would add some fuel system cleaned every 3rd time he filled up his cars.

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
And don't freak out if smoke starts coming out of your engine bay when your feeding it through your intake

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
I loved that video " Here's seafoam here is tank put seafoam in tank." lol
me too, I loved how he kept saying "funnel", as if it was the keyword throughout the video :lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
I seafoamed my car on saturday at 81640 miles. 1/3 in gas tank, 1/3 in the oil, 1/3 in the pcv. No issues and lots of wonderful white smoke. Did an oil change the next morning with no problems.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I seafoamed my car and nothing happened. Lol. No smoke, no incresed anything. Just a good waste of money.

different results for different cars I guess.
Your car may have been taken better of. I got a decent amount of smoke and the engine ran a little nicer when I Seafoamed at 100k. And I know the previous owner didn't take care of the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts