Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I have an oil change appointment for tomoorw afternoon. I heard that putting sea foam in your oil before a change cleans up the parts inside. Has anyone ever done this? If I do do it, when should i put it in and for how long?

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
seafoam cleans out your engine. it gets rid of all the junk and carbon that gets stuck on the valves, top of pistons, heads, cats, etc..

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
For a wonderful smoke show, you can also pour some in your intake. i put it through the pcv valve hose next to the throttle body.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Hey. I have an oil change appointment for tomoorw afternoon. I heard that putting sea foam in your oil before a change cleans up the parts inside. Has anyone ever done this? If I do do it, when should i put it in and for how long?

sry to be an asshole... but wtf! why dont you change your own oil? you save lots of money and its fun (well kinda).... and extremely extremely easy!

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
does this do anything to the cats?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i have a feeling this cannot be as good at ev1 makes it out to be. what are the draw backs?
DON'T HYDRO LOCK YOUR ENGINE:mad: that is all

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
how many miles on the odometer until this should be done and what is hydro locking?
Hydro locking is when 1 or more cyliders in your engine gets filled with enough fluid to where the engine can no longer function (since fluids most fluids, especially water based, can't be compressed). When you are talking about seafoam, don't poor it in. Disconnect one of the vaccum lines and let the car "sip" it in.

Seafoam says you can do it every oil change, but I do it about every 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Has anyone here every hydro locked their engine from seafoaming the brake booster line?
Never heard of anyone yet, but I'm sure someone has just emptied the bottle in a matter of seconds...:eek:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts