Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Seafoam works. I suppose at 200k you would have a lot of build up and it probably isnt as good of an idea.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I have 34k....would it help me?

·
Registered
923 Posts
seafoam is pretty much always beneficial. I mean it's only $8.
The only question is if you have a high mileage vehicle, do you risk finding out that that sludge and buildup is all that's keeping your car running?
Remember to change your oil afterwards.
and you can use any vacuum line which is pulling air towards the upper intake.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Seafoam works. I suppose at 200k you would have a lot of build up and it probably isnt as good of an idea.
yup

seafoam is pretty much always beneficial. I mean it's only $8.
The only question is if you have a high mileage vehicle, do you risk finding out that that sludge and buildup is all that's keeping your car running?
Remember to change your oil afterwards.
and you can use any vacuum line which is pulling air towards the upper intake.
yup

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I have done mine at ~65k and then once or twice since. I don't like the idea of putting it in my gas, and when you do it in your oil, drive around for a while and then go change it right away so it doesn't eat away at seals. Seafoam when left for a while can cause harm.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I wouldn't recommend doing it with that high of mileage. At that point most of your seals are shot anyway, unless you wanna do a rebuild afterwards I wouldn't run it.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I have done mine at ~65k and then once or twice since. I don't like the idea of putting it in my gas, and when you do it in your oil, drive around for a while and then go change it right away so it doesn't eat away at seals. Seafoam when left for a while can cause harm.
Do you put it directly into the oil? Or a vacum hose or something that someone said earlier?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I wouldn't use it on a really high mileage engine. I would imagine that stuff it breaks down keeps leaks at bay on engines over say 150k miles or so.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts