Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any thoughts about sea foam? Good product? Don't waste my time?

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
my thoughts are what do you expect out of it some guys think its a miricale cure and from what i have seen its not if there is some underlying problem its not the be all end all imo
Sea Foam Sales Company

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I just kinda want the motor clean, Its got 87K miles and I just got it so I don't know what kind of maintence the owners before did. Kinda wanna start fresh if you know what I'm saying

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have used it in my 06 GT and my motorcycles, I think it does a great job. Have used it in other cars I have owned and suggested it to other folks. No complaints. As faym08 mentioned it is not a cure-all if there are other problems. If it is just a buildup of crud in the intake tract it will clean it out.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Agreed with the above. Not the cure of all but I used it in my 01 when it hit 90k just to see if it'd clean some crud out..so I sprayed it inside the throttle body let it sit for a min, started it up and ran rough and blew white smoke like it says. Cleared up and seemed to run stronger than before..who knows if it was all in my head but sure seemed too run stronger

·
Registered
71 Posts
It is a really good product probably one of the best fuel system cleaners in your average auto parts store buuttt faym 08 is right most people want a mystery cure for their motor and there isn't one. Best advice use it more then once if you are going to go with any motor cleanser.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ive run it in my oil just fine. You just.got to make sure you change your oil in a day or two after you put it in. Or in about 75 miles. Which ever comes first.

·
The Mustang & I are one!
144 Posts
I agree with black02. I wouldn't pour it in the oil, :no but I use this product in my gas tank (full tank works best). I notice a difference when I use it. My car runs smoother when I use it. Though I am due for a major oil change, I would use the product every oil change, or once every two or three months, depending on how you drive and how much miles you add to your car. :exactly

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
if you want the real ****, its called bg44k for the gas tank & bgm08 for the crank case its kind of expensive but you get what you pay for

·
Orlando Procharged
83 Posts
I was thinking of picking up a can of it for my car which is about 74k miles. How does it work with cleaning via the intake?

·
Registered
159 Posts
if you really wanna clean out the engine like oil passage wise, put a small amount, maybe 1/2 quart, of trans fluid in you engine and run it for 30 mins, then change your oil. Transmission fluid has stronger detergents in it and cleans better. but like I said no longer than 30 minutes or it will start messing stuff up. you car will smoke really bad too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts