Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 GT and I have never ran any seafoam in it, would this be a good idea?

And what exactly does it clean out (would it be just the same to run fuel injector through the gas tank?

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was reading the stuff on a can of it in advance auto the other day, i think i'm just going to run some fuel injector/cleanor through the gas tank and let that be that.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
dont do the seafoam....i have it sitting in my garage waiting to be used and after reading about it i think im going to stay away from it...the chance of it hurtingis higher then if it actually helping your car....

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Yeah, the only way to hurt your motor is to hydrolock it. And that can only happen if you pour a bunch in the vaccuum hose quickly. It can also foul your plugs, but if your doing seafoam to clean the motor, not for the someshow, the chances are spark plugs are a good idea anyway...

·
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod
11,488 Posts
if you follow the instructions on the bootle your fine ive done it with no problems. it works like a charm. just drive around the block a while after to let the smoke burn out becuase it will be a huge smoke show most of the time

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
i use it every once is a while. I've always been happy with it. I always get two cans. I pour one down the gas tank and put half of one in my oil and the other half in the pcv tube. Car runs great every time.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
seafoam eats carbon

go for it...

my car is about to get its first seafoaming in 11 years ... 153k miles of carbon is about to get eaten up this weekend :)

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
nobody here is gonna believe me but the best way to remove carbon build up is a jug of cold water. thats all im gonna say. ask some mechanics and old timers about it.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
nobody here is gonna believe me but the best way to remove carbon build up is a jug of cold water. thats all im gonna say. ask some mechanics and old timers about it.
Can you tells us more about that? how it works, how much to put in etc.

sounds like an interesting idea.

·
Registered
638 Posts

:bs

1 - 20 of 22 Posts