Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, its Dwarvenn, i know ive been gone for a long time, but im back. nothing new to the car unfortunately. spending all my money on just maintenence to get it tip top shape before i do anything to it.

seafoamed the car, heres the video
if it doesnt embed properly, as i have never embedded something before, the link is below it.

http://www.youtube.com/v/53mrBxkCa7s

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Is your steering wheel on the right side of the car? in you Youtube video? Or was someone else in the car and you guys were just sitting in the passenger seat?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh sorry, haha its left side, as the video got reversed for some reason when i recorded it. imagine it backwards =P (not the exhaust going in though)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm the ONLY difference i see is that idle is MUCH smoother and vibrations are down by a little. other than that, its not that quick of a car to notice that much a diff.

AND..
as you see, not much smoke came out, so obviously my carbon buildup wasnt that bad to begin with.

·
Registered
569 Posts
what is seafoaming?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you can get it at Napa or autozone, its about 8 bucks for a can. pour half the can into a cup, and use the pcv hose to suck it in (SLOWLY) otherwise youll stall the car out. put the rest in a full tank of gas.

wait about 20 to 30min and rev the **** outta it till all the smoke is gone.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Must have been a pretty clean engine cuz all the ones I have seen get seafoamed smoke like crazy. Unless you just couldn't see it that well in the video.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nah it was wasnt that dirty haha. when my mechanic fixed a headbolt, he got bored and decided to clean out the engine cause he loves 5.0's. so that is just from 3k miles

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
nah it was wasnt that dirty haha. when my mechanic fixed a headbolt, he got bored and decided to clean out the engine cause he loves 5.0's. so that is just from 3k miles
That explains it. Gonna try it on mine in the next few days. I know it will be smoking. Guess I should wait til afterwards to do a tuenup, or does it matter if I do the tuneup before?

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
SeaFoam is probably the best carbon cleaning, fuel cleaning, valve cleaning product anyone could buy. No where as expensive as ZMAx but it works swell. You can add it into your oil to clean up carbon from your internal lower end parts, let your intake suck up some to clean top end parts including the valves. Add a little to the gas to let it clean your pistons and valves and other upper parts.

ZMax is much stronger though. But I've used seaFoam since I was told about it 3 years ago. Your car will smoke and rattle like hell after you add it so bring it to 2000rpm for 5 minutes and boom, you have a clean engine.... ZMax works a hell of a lot better but 35 bucks for engine and fuel.

Also a good suggestion, after you've used it, please please get an oil change

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yup yup i got new oil sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh i didnt use my pcv then o_O i used a random plugged vaccum hose i have. it goes right to the intake manifold, and its pretty long. has a harness on it for like a filter lookin thing. what is that?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts