Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been hibernating for the winter and this is my first post in a couple of months. Did a quick wax and seal the other day and used Jetseal for the first time. How on earth do I get it out of the pad once I'm done, that and Powerlock seem to never want to get out of the pad. Any tips? I've tried using dish soap and degreaser and hot water and whatever else.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I use Dawn dish soap and seems to do a pretty good job for me removing wax out of my pads

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I personally have had that same issue with blackfire wet diamond what I do fill sink up about hot water and pre soak the pads with either dawn or zep citrus at 4:1 or sometimes full strength. I then I work the cleaner in the pad then I let them sit in the hot water and while in the water I squeeze out the sealant out of the pads (this take a few minutes). I then go out side and jet the pads with my hose nozzle to get more of the sealant out. I then go back in side and repeat the process one more time and by that time they are clean. I then let them air dry inside in a clean area.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Bfwd is a pita to get out, but dannys method works. I keep a 5 gallon bucket of hot water and dawn with me as I polish. Once I am done with the pad, it gets sprayed with pad cleaner, soaked I should say, then left to dwell for 5 minutes and then tossed in the bucket. Then after I use dannys method.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts