Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I used to have a 2000 V6, sold it now on the lookout for a new stang. I found a real clean gt on cl, price is high for its mileage but the guy says "it's no stock gt" and has 325 hp. I don't know if i believe him though. Here's the post let me know if hes right or just blowing smoke: 2004 Mustang GT

·
Registered
302 Posts
For $12500 you can easily find a supercharged Mustang in PA, I see them all the time on Craigslist

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Theres no way it has over 300 w/o heads and cams. You can get a supercharged and well build GT for less then that car too. Shoot, I just had a buddy pick up a vortech v2sq Mach 1 w 40k miles for $13k from a dealership

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd much rather find an 03-04 mach 1, and i don't really want a car thats been messed with too much. Ya I'm 20, but my next car will most likely empty my bank account and I'd like to have a clean reliable car, bust also fast.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Pick Your Poison

Dont be afraid to travel either. I bought mine in Indiana and the whole experience was fun as hell. Especially driving it home.
Indiana is a fun state (except in the winter). Tell everyone.

OP, that car does not have 325 hp (crank or otherwise). Hell, for that price I'd sell you my car. The last dyno was 396 at the wheels which is around 465 at the crank. Be warned though. I sometimes run it hard. It will never need Seafoam to clean the valves. But, it is well kept. So well kept that timing chain guides looked new at 150,000 miles. And even though it has 171,000 miles on it (the last 91,000 miles supercharged), it only uses about 2/3 quart of oil per 5,000 miles. A tight engine that runs hard. I had a poor 60 ft, granny shifted and still ran a 12.7. And, you will have the fun of coming to Indiana. It's a steal for that price, but...

Oh, never mind. I've talked myself into keeping it. :)

But, seriously. You can get better deals if you look around.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I agree that is pretty steep.. However it is a great looking car for sure. As far as the power goes, dyno sheet or it didn't happen lol

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I'd def keep waiting until you find something you really want...like you said you really want a mach 1, theres one out there for ya ...don't get me wrong the gt looks super nice and really clean. I waited and looked and looked everyday for about 3-4 months and I found my.saleen and got it for 9k, guy was gonna trade it in on a truck

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd def keep waiting until you find something you really want...like you said you really want a mach 1, theres one out there for ya ...don't get me wrong the gt looks super nice and really clean. I waited and looked and looked everyday for about 3-4 months and I found my.saleen and got it for 9k, guy was gonna trade it in on a truck

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Ya I've been looking for 4 months now and have seen Mach 1s come and go because I need my dad to help with buying it. He's the one who has bought like 100 used cars and knows what to look for, but he works 70 hrs a week and it is winter. Theres an Azure blue Mach (my favorite color of the machs) out near philly and its like 11k. I have spring break in a couple weeks and am begging him to make the 10 hour round trip.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
A 5 hour drive just to look at a car? :dunce:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
325 is equivalent to 275rwhp or so. Which it COULD be close to putting that down but you'd have to see the dyno sheets for proof that it is. I don't believe he meant 325whp, and if he's an old school guy he most likely is talking crank because some of them don't really think about the whp, they think of whats at the crank.

However, as with everyone else, it is overpriced. Its a clean car, but my cousin sold his 01 Modded Kenne Belle GT with 384whp to a kid in Virginia for 10,500 with 76,000 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts