Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, due to the failure of trying to sell the GT im running it this season. My plan is to have 2 sets of wheels that will be changed before the event. The tires need to be able to survive getting to the event and back. What set of tires do you think i should go with? keeping in the 17 inch range of course. Any other ideas about what i can do to it to get it ready for the season? Keep in mind its still going to be my DD so i need back seats. I would like to get new front seats but having trouble finding decent ones. Ideas there are also welcome.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You can't go wrong with a set of NT05's for street/track use. I see lots of guys using them who drive to the track and then home.

As for seats I went with a Kirky aluminum seat but just for the drivers side. It's super light, cheap, and actually very comfortable for the street. Before that I had cheap Ebay sport seats which looked great but built crappy and the drivers side failed. I still have the pass one in there. The kirky was under $250 new.

·
F*stocker
339 Posts
I ran the Kumho XS as dual purpose tires on my former E36 track day car. Decent grip and stood up to heat very well, though probably not the best in the wet. Michelin's PSS is a great street tire, we have them on my wife's F30 and they handle great in all conditions. She won't let me track her car so I can't comment on that personally, though I've read that they're amongst the fastest of the "true" street tires.

·
Registered
193 Posts
As for seats I went with a Kirky aluminum seat but just for the drivers side. It's super light, cheap, and actually very comfortable for the street. Before that I had cheap Ebay sport seats which looked great but built crappy and the drivers side failed. I still have the pass one in there. The kirky was under $250 new.
Small thread jack...

Which kirky did you use for the mustang? about how large are you, and which slider or did you just get a custom mount for it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Small thread jack...

Which kirky did you use for the mustang? about how large are you, and which slider or did you just get a custom mount for it.
I can't remember the specific one I got. A buddy of mine called me and told me he needed one and he could get two at a discounted price so he ordered it for me. I'm 6' tall and 270 pounds. I ended up mounting the seat to the power seat bracket. It allowed the seat to sit 1" lower then a manual bracket. Plus it comes in handy for street use or to clean the car. I'll add pics of it for you. Maybe you can make out which one it is.

EDIT: Just went through my build history. It's not a Kirky. It's a Ultrashield. I remember it being cheaper then Kirky but only in price. Very well constructed piece.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well I think I found a new seat for my stang... its funny i'm also 6' 270lbs, but have been pre seasoning conditioning and down to 250 and still dropping

1 - 6 of 6 Posts