Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the seat belt light/buzzer?
I tried to plug/unplug the belt so many times in 1 minute, but this seems to only work one key cycle. Once the car is turned off and restarted the light/buzzer come back on. :mad:
Is there a way to permanently disable the sealt belt light/buzzer function?

Please dont preach about the safety function of this feture, I get it but sometimes I just dont want to wear one.
:eek:

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
No clue...i just wear mine all the time...after being involved in a roll over and a near death experience..you get a new outlook on life.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There's a way to disable the chime and I believe it's in the owners manual.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yes I took mine off its annoying. it is in the manuel you have to plug it in a number of times but during a certain time span. and you take it off completly. sorry I'd give you the page but I'm in class. but its in the section about seat belt buzzer.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Theres an even easier to get it done. Just follow these steps in a matter of 30 secs ( I think ):

1) Sit in Seat
2) Reach over your left shoulder
3) Grab black nylon strap
4) Pull to your right hip
5) connect male metal piece with female metal piece

There you go, now it wont beep at you anymore...

j/k- but you really should wear it. But then agian Im bias having a convertible, I want to stay in the car if I get hit ( that is till the car stops moving so I can jump out and hit the other driver).

Nice info on turning it off though...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had read in one of the forums that you had to plug/unplg like 30-40 times in a minute.
I tried that and it worked but for only one cycle of the key. As soon as you turn the car off and restart it the light/buzzer come back on.
Ayyone have any ideas?

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
As a fellow vert owner, I would highly recomend that you wear it... Not to mention its too easy for the local law to spot us for not wearing one since you can see right into the car. Not to mention if you get hit, you get launched...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
pull the fuse?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
what are you trying to say... seat belts save lives.... well I bet you believe that smoking causes cancer too...
I have a vert too and the way I drive your damn skippy I B wearin mine

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
you should be able too... my 02 focus had the same capability some sequence. and i understand why some would not want to wear the seat belt all the time.. as i was going into LE, i learned you cant exit a vehicle under attack with the seat belt on... when are you going to be attacked? believe me... you never know who's watching.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
naw.. just aware. i've seen things happen to people. it's not pretty
let me elaborate to a degree. people around here loooooove driving your car and in the country, it's a long walk to the crack-mans house

1 - 20 of 38 Posts