Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem: one side of the belt goes though the seat side holes and the other side does not. Is there somewhere that I can buy a more flexible/shorter seatbelt. ( the thing where you actually push the seatbelt clip into) I can not get it to flex into the side hole.

I probably will just buy a harness bar if I can't get this to work out.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
does the female part of the seat belt have a pretensioner on it? look to see if it has an electrical connector made into it

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does the female part of the seat belt have a pretensioner on it? look to see if it has an electrical connector made into it
I'm not quite sure you mean. There is a wire that comes out of it that tells the computer if you have the seatbelt clipped in or not. Is that what you mean? and if not the seatbelt light will come on over the dash and beep constantly.. But I can just unplug it if I need to.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
You can unbolt the seat belt and cut a part of the plastic surround off. The female part of the buckle is held to the seat bracket by a bolt, with the plastic piece holding the fabric in a vertical position. If you cut off the top 1 or 2 inches of the plastic portion, it'll lower it since the fabric won't be held in that position.

·
Registered
495 Posts
off topic, but can you take a picture of the belt up near the b pillar, just noticed your is different then mine and I am having huge problems with mine.

and to your question, on my other car I discarded the plastic part and just had the belt with clip, so I cud feed it into my buckets

Reactions: PowerShiftz02GT

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
no, for airbag deployment, I dont remember if these cars have pretensioners. A small c02 charge that locks, then pulls the seat belt down to keep you against the seat. If it doesnt have one of those then go find a seat belt unit that is longer and compatable with your buckle.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can unbolt the seat belt and cut a part of the plastic surround off. The female part of the buckle is held to the seat bracket by a bolt, with the plastic piece holding the fabric in a vertical position. If you cut off the top 1 or 2 inches of the plastic portion, it'll lower it since the fabric won't be held in that position.
Awesome, have you done this? I know some cars don't have the fabric and instead are held up by a metal rod.

off topic, but can you take a picture of the belt up near the b pillar, just noticed your is different then mine and I am having huge problems with mine.

and to your question, on my other car I discarded the plastic part and just had the belt with clip, so I cud feed it into my buckets
Yeah, I'll take a picture for ya tomorrow

no, for airbag deployment, I dont remember if these cars have pretensioners. A small c02 charge that locks, then pulls the seat belt down to keep you against the seat. If it doesnt have one of those then go find a seat belt unit that is longer and compatable with your buckle.
Ohhhh hmm, maybe I should call a ford dealer and figure that out. That wouldn't be something I'd want to mess around with. I'm assuming no though since tons of people run racing harness that do not use any of the stock seat belt pieces.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
just look, if you see a long silver canister that looks like a mini paint ball air tank then you have one, if no tank then its all good

Reactions: PowerShiftz02GT

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just look, if you see a long silver canister that looks like a mini paint ball air tank then you have one, if no tank then its all good
Ok, will do

Not to my own car since I have a 4 point harness, but I've taken out plenty of seats in SN95 Mustangs and all of them have a plastic sleeve that holds up the female buckle :)
great, I'm going to give this a try

Gr8 photo man...those chairs give me a boner...what chairs are they and where'd you buy 'em? Sorry for OT. :humpnana
Thanks, they are Corbeau Forza Seats in Vinyl. I bought them here
Racing Seats-USA:Your Best Source For Corbeau Seats & Sparco Seats

Corbeau: Forza

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not too sure exactly what you want. Are these sufficient for you? If not, I can get a wider angle for you.

THe belt should not be twisted like mine is however..

Not to my own car since I have a 4 point harness, but I've taken out plenty of seats in SN95 Mustangs and all of them have a plastic sleeve that holds up the female buckle :)
Do you have any pictures of how you mounted your 4pt.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks guys, taking off the plastic around the seatbelt worked. Reps.

I had to take off the bezals on the seat however in order to get the seatbelt buckle to fit through the hole. The seatbelt fabric is a little too short. But this will have to do for now.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Are these seats pretty comfortable? I'm looking into them but I would get the wides cause I'm a bigger guy. I'm just worried about fixed back seats in a dd. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are these seats pretty comfortable? I'm looking into them but I would get the wides cause I'm a bigger guy. I'm just worried about fixed back seats in a dd. Thanks.
My passengers have never complained. But they are not uncomfortable and they are not comfortable, so the comfort level is somewhere in the middle. I personally think they are fine for quick trips. But I went on a 3-4 hour drive last year and by the end of the trip I was ready to get out of them. But for quick trips they are great. I'm not sure I'd recommend them though just because of that sidebar they have unless you plan on running a harness. It's kinda a pain to buckle your seatbelts with that sidebar.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
My passengers have never complained. But they are not uncomfortable and they are not comfortable, so the comfort level is somewhere in the middle. I personally think they are fine for quick trips. But I went on a 3-4 hour drive last year and by the end of the trip I was ready to get out of them. But for quick trips they are great. I'm not sure I'd recommend them though just because of that sidebar they have unless you plan on running a harness. It's kinda a pain to buckle your seatbelts with that sidebar.
Thanks man. And i would probably use 4 pnt harnesses. Im still so undecided, its between these and lg1's.. I need to find some i can sit in to see which fits me better.. But reps given man and thanks again!

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
I'm not quite sure you mean. There is a wire that comes out of it that tells the computer if you have the seatbelt clipped in or not. Is that what you mean? and if not the seatbelt light will come on over the dash and beep constantly.. But I can just unplug it if I need to.
Ya know, there's a procedure to do that takes literally 2 minutes to disable the beep when your seatbelt isn't connected. The light will still show up on the dash but the annoying beep will go bye-bye

1 - 17 of 17 Posts