Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought this 98 gt and the guys i bought it from showed me that there is a switch below the radio that controls the security system. if you lock the door from the inside and get out then come back, the theft light stays on. once you unlock the car with the key and open the door, the head and tailights start flashing. you then have to get in the car turn it to on flip the toggle sitch off athen on then start the car. what the hell is this? is there a way to get around it? suggestions please

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't have a key fob. Does have the keyless system though, just no remotes. The switch has a background that says eclipse theft security or something. I think it has something to do with the cd player but not for sure. I traced the wires which are taped to the back of switch and lead to somewhere behind the dash. I thought about splicing them together but don't wanna eff anything up. More suggestions are always appreciated

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does kill the ignition but I don't know if I take it out if I will still be able to start the car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well try unhooking it and see if you can start the car? You can always hook it back up. My old gt you had to hold down a window button to start the car. It was sweet. Not sure how it was wired but I'm guessing it had to do with the negative or position connection to the ignition.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just might do that. im afraid if i do though the car wont start and that im gonna fry some wires and have a big problem on my hands

1 - 7 of 7 Posts