Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got this '03 Mustang GT (original owner, 68,000 miles) that I've been told by my mechanic that a sensor/regulator that sits on top of the gas tank that has two tubes that lead to these two blue canisters on the top of the tank has gone bad. Does anyone know the part number because the mechanic doesn't know? I was told the part assembly is obsolete so wondered what the actual part number is and if there is another Ford product that could be swapped for it? It's a perfectly good car and runs great, but here in CA it won't pass the smog test with those dash lights on. :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
what is bad? the sensors? I have saved one of them because they have gotten impossible to find anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mechanic says that it's a bad sensor that is causing my check engine light and loose gas cap light to remain lit. I recently had to smog the vehicle and by topping off the tank and resetting the codes and then driving a short distance the car then passed since no lights were on. My mechanic says it's the sensor the sits on top of the tank and may be part of an assembly that includes the blue plastic cylinders that slip into the tank from the top. I really need a part number or part that can be used. I'm finding nothing and I can't believe a small part like that would be like unobtainium!

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Maybe it's some sort of transducer????

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

I believe this is what the part looks like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts