Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems like a very easy & cheap little aesthetic mod to do. I tried looking up prior thread but didn't find what I was looking for. I wondering where you guys got your kits from? I am looking at these right now, not sure what's better the slow rate ones or the regular kit. Also is this a good vendor?... man I haven't been in the tech section for a while I need to get in here more.:yes

Mustang Taillight Sequencers |Tail Light Sequencers | Sequential

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I have one of their kits. You'll probably happier with the slow kit if you're running incandescent bulbs in your tail lights since the sequential flashing will be more pronounced. I'm happy with the normal rate kit, it's just down to personal preference.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one of their kits. You'll probably happier with the slow kit if you're running incandescent bulbs in your tail lights since the sequential flashing will be more pronounced. I'm happy with the normal rate kit, it's just down to personal preference.
Thanks man, do you have the factory bulbs in your tail lights, because that what I got in their?

I have that site bookmarked cause I want them eventually if there isn't a way to do it on your own somehow...

I think I like the slow one a lot more
They actually are selling the normal rate kit on ebay as well for $50 plus $5 shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-200-2001-2002-2003-4-Sequential-Mustang-Taillights-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aMustangQQhashZitem35b0dffae0QQitemZ230600735456QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3321wt_1167

Good vendor. Easy mod.
Thanks for the reply:yes, which do you have Sinister the regular or the slow rate ones and are your bulb the factory ones?

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I had a set of V-LEDs high power LEDs in there and liked them a lot, though I went back to Silverstar 3157 bulbs since LEDs tend to be washed out easily in direct sun.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Thanks man, do you have the factory bulbs in your tail lights, because that what I got in their?

They actually are selling the normal rate kit on ebay as well for $50 plus $5 shipping

1999 200 2001 2002 2003-4 Sequential Mustang Taillights | eBay

Thanks for the reply:yes, which do you have Sinister the regular or the slow rate ones and are your bulb the factory ones?

Normal rate. I paid 50 bucks back in the day... That was before the '10 mustangs had them stock.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Call the owner and I'm sure he'll sell it for $50 out the door if you pay via "gift" on PayPal. I've spoke to both he and his wife before on a few technical ideas and they're great people to deal with.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I will either get the regular rate ones on ebay or call and tell them I want them for $50 since asiansensation sent me them hahaha

·
Registered
264 Posts
Got mine from M&M, regular rate, make sure you go to the site and look at the pictures for the install. The included instructions don't have pics and I crossed a couple wires my first time around

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got mine from M&M, regular rate, make sure you go to the site and look at the pictures for the install. The included instructions don't have pics and I crossed a couple wires my first time around

YouTube - sequential tails
Thanks for the video man I am thinking I might get the slower rate ones, any way you can post up how they look in the day but with the blinker on to each side and then pressing the brake instead of the hazards on?

I got mine on when they were on sale on American Muscle and they were a little fast for me so I got the slower rate flasher from Autotrix and it works perfect now :)
Kit- Mustang Sequential Tail Lights Kit
Slower flasher - AutoTrix :: Modified Mustang Turn Signal Flasher
I am liking the slower rate ones they look more like the ones on the 2010's and 2011's :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Dude I bought the exact ones from ebay dannyboy281 posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...ht_3321wt_1167

It's a very nice kit and an easy install. All these are is a rewire kit to make your taillights do something else. You shouldn't have to pay anything over $30 for that, but yet they are selling for over $100.

Just go with whatever one tickles your fancy. These are medium speed; faster then the stock sequentials on the 2010's and up and look sick on the road when your braking or using your blinker.

Just make sure you test them before you put your trunk back together. I miswired my passenger side and it went 3,1,2 on the blinker...which can be cool because you could technically wire them do flash in any order you want.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
All the flasher does is slow down the rate of the flash. Just buy the kit first, see how you like it. If it flashes a little too fast for you're taste, you can just buy the flasher. You still need the sequential kit to get the sequence effect. If you had just the flasher and not the sequential kit, you would just have a slow normal turn signal haha

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
:no The capacitors in the sequencer modules are different for the slow rate, not just the flasher relay. You'll want to decide which one you want before you buy.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dude I bought the exact ones from ebay dannyboy281 posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...ht_3321wt_1167

It's a very nice kit and an easy install. All these are is a rewire kit to make your taillights do something else. You shouldn't have to pay anything over $30 for that, but yet they are selling for over $100.

Just go with whatever one tickles your fancy. These are medium speed; faster then the stock sequentials on the 2010's and up and look sick on the road when your braking or using your blinker.

Just make sure you test them before you put your trunk back together. I miswired my passenger side and it went 3,1,2 on the blinker...which can be cool because you could technically wire them do flash in any order you want.
That link must be old it doesn't show anything:( so you paid $30 for yours???

:no The capacitors in the sequencer modules are different for the slow rate, not just the flasher relay. You'll want to decide which one you want before you buy.
Thanks for the clarification man its much appreciated:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts